• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Which New Railgun for Mostly New Zealand Shooting?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Chilli

Jan 21, 2018
Greetings,

Been talked out of my recent Pelaj purchase and also done a bit of research myself - determined that the trigger mechanisms aren't the best and the barrels are shite.

So, I want a step-up from my 100cm Freedivers Protege that I have and have used for butterfish, etc.
I want to be able to chase snapper, bigger kingfish and step up to stuff in the islands. Not a rhino chaser but... a good all-rounder for big (but not huge) fish.

I was thinking the 130cm RA Tuna, 120 RA Caranx, 130cm Freedivers Ranger Blue Water series or.. a local spearing shop (Wettie.co.nz) said they'd sort me out on a made-up gun to carry me through the above.

Please, let me know. (I do like having "branded" stuff.. makes me feel more secure. The RAs are more exy but they same to be the most respected railers here, easily.)

Adam

You absolutely can't go wrong with any of the rob Allen guns. I've been using them since 2000, and have always been very satisfied; 60 cm Scorpia for the Pacific Northwest, up to a 130 rail for bigger fish in Hawaii.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT