• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Which one to get??

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Which European wooden speargun would you get

• Devotosub Fucili Dentice

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Totemsub Tahiti

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Omer Master America

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Othe, please mention which in the comments (a website would be great too)

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters

mishu1984

Halla Waaaaallllaaa
Aug 15, 2002
I've spent many sleepless nights thinking which one to get (seriously) this summer and i cant make up my mind. The gun will be in 110, 115, or 120 with twin circular 16mm rubbers and reel (if possible)

Option Number 1: Devoto Fucili Dentice http://www.devotosub.com/2003/pag_10_art_127.html
127_principale_2.jpg

Option Number 2: Totemsub Tahiti http://www.totemsub.it/english/tahiti/tahiti.htm
tahiti.jpg

Option Number 3: Omer Master America http://www.omerdiving.com/catalog/spearguns/p01.htm
omer_master_america_000.jpg

Last edited:
if i were you, then i would try my chance with Dapiran Sjedi...

Look to the www.dapiran.it for the latest video. It shows how he nails 14kg grouper with it...

All these guns are by all means superb, but I would suggest you to take a look at a Teak Sea gun.
The reason for that is not only the performance of the gun (which is outstanding) and the excellent quality of its construction (hand made out of teak only) but mainly because it comes with a 10 year guarantee!

Take a look at http://www.teak-sea.com

Teak-Sea is seems like bit overkill for me, and it has not got the elleiptical shape of barell.Correct me if i am wrong gladion...

Mishu, that devoto gun is an Apnea gun in reality, it is produced in turkey and it is said to be good. Shane told me about it last may when he was visiting the eudi show and its impressive.

If you want my honest opinions, I think it needs a little more mass to handle 2 bands.. But If you really liked it go for it, you cant goo too wrong afterall it is a wooden gun under the guarantee of a big italian manufacturer.

played with the omer at Dema last year - if I had mor $$$ to blow I would have brought one home - sexy hunk of wood!

Memo said:
Mishu, that devoto gun is an Apnea gun in reality, it is produced in turkey and it is said to be good. Shane told me about it last may when he was visiting the eudi show and its impressive.

If you want my honest opinions, I think it needs a little more mass to handle 2 bands.. But If you really liked it go for it, you cant goo too wrong afterall it is a wooden gun under the guarantee of a big italian manufacturer.

yeah that is the one im going for, the only problem is taht i cant find a place where i can buy it online. if i cant find a place that sells it at a resonable price then im going to go for the Totemsub Tahiti.

I like the Rabitech Apex the best after trying many :)

I liked the Rabitechs so much that I started working for Sumora, Rabitech distributor in the USA, because i like working for companies whose products I truly believe in!!
www.sumora.com

also, they will be selling these in Greece soon. I just shot a couple sand bass with my 80CM. Vis was 25 feet!!
Wish I brought out a longer gun today :)

any questions regarding these guns, stealths, apexes (i also have shot RA and stock these), please email me: esun@uci.edu or PM me

Last edited:
Mishu,
is there a reason you are only considering euro guns? no big deal. just curious.

Agua Fina :confused:

Murat said:
Teak-Sea is seems like bit overkill for me, and it has not got the elleiptical shape of barell.Correct me if i am wrong gladion...

You are not wrong Murat. It has not the squid bone shape of other euro wooden guns, however it's very well balanced.
The main reason I recommended it was the 10 year guarantee.
This gun is very powerfull and accurate as it is (full length rail, 7,15 shaft, 2x16mm slings which is the lightest set-up of the 100cm> guns) and it is built for hunting the bigger and more elusive fish.
I would compare it to a Riffe Competitor or to a SuperJedi as far as strength is concerned.
However a more lightweight and more streamlined Totemsub or Devoto gun would serve better in hunting smaller fish.

If you like wood and want the attributes of a euro gun you know what I would recommend....

Rig: yes i know, Wong Titanium Hybrid ;)

Aguafina: im used to euro guns and im not out to set any world records or taking any fish bigger than myself so i dont see the need to use a tree trunk (no offense to those of you that do use them)

EEzerik: i know. i have seen your posts on spearboard. im currently looking for an european woodie or the C4 monoscoca

C4 is seemed good to me too...Only serious option worth to try other than wood ones...115 should the job for you, whatever it is.

Mishu,
You of course know my recommendation but if you are looking for the warranty as well, check with Shane but I believe Fabrizio guarantees his as well-My Italian is not that good. As for holding up, mine has been through many a rough day, including when I flipped my landrover 4 times and it is still fine. I just touched up the surface (10 minutes work) with the refinish kit and besides some scratches it is fine.

The c4 seems like a really nice gun. Have not shot it yet, though! only seen it (Rene Rojas's gun)

I am sure that any gun you choose you will love :)

Best regards and kind wishes,

Erik Sun
Sumora Dive Tools
eriks@ucla.edu

Mishu, I used shane's tahiti 120 this weekend and now I'm in love with it!!! U cant imagine how it shoots, what an accuracy! what a power! I shot some mackerals from 5m or even further and believe it was holly accurate at that distance... (I'll post the pics soon)

Anton: what size is your tahiti?

EEzerik: i have used the monoscoca once in a buddy's pool and it rocks! but with that pricetag i would rather buy a Devotosub or Totemsub.

Memo:i can imagine. i went to the Totemsub website and downloaded all the videos and its obvious that Fabrizio is doing a great job with the Tahitis.

Anyone have any info on the Devotosub Dentice??

Mishu,

The Devotosub is the work of the Apnea company in Turkey. I saw it at the EUDI show and other than the Muzzle not having a line anchor, i loved it.

Totems are tried and tested guns, it will work in all situations and have a 2 year guarantee. As memo can vouch, the apnea trigger mech is not the best and it might give you some troubles in the future.

Also what reel will the devoto gun use?

Shane

teak sea pal series and x series are both squid bone shaped!
x is a new gun and no in the site, however its a "lighter" gun.
the guns are completely from teak and handmade, they are really popular in greece france and other countries.
thay are also at the same price or even cheaper than other similar guns.
teak and handmade what more do you need! i would never spend any money on mahogany or irocco.

Sparky

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT