• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Which one to get??

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Which European wooden speargun would you get

• Devotosub Fucili Dentice

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Totemsub Tahiti

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Omer Master America

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Othe, please mention which in the comments (a website would be great too)

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
shaneshac said:
Mishu,

The Devotosub is the work of the Apnea company in Turkey. I saw it at the EUDI show and other than the Muzzle not having a line anchor, i loved it.

Totems are tried and tested guns, it will work in all situations and have a 2 year guarantee. As memo can vouch, the apnea trigger mech is not the best and it might give you some troubles in the future.

Also what reel will the devoto gun use?

Shane
Shane the reel is one of the first things that came to mind. the fact remains that the only reason that im hoping to find the Devotosub is pure asthetics :head , otherwise i would go with a Totemsub right away. the lure of that cuban mohagony is just amazing, and those sleek curves, kinda like a supermodel wow!!! but since i've come to learn of these technical issues with Devotosub, then im going for a Totemsub, and i know they hold up well in the Persian/arabian gulf because Anton has put it throught the phases and more :martial :crutch

mishu you can get the C4 for almost the same price of totemsub from italy. They will make you 20 percent discount not to be member of EU and final price should be around 300 euro or little less...

Murat said:
mishu you can get the C4 for almost the same price of totemsub from italy. They will make you 20 percent discount not to be member of EU and final price should be around 300 euro or little less...
who will make that discount? got a website?

Mishu,
My tahiti is a 120 and I run the standard shaft (160 I think) w/reel or the omer with slip or fixed tip and set it up breakaway w/float. The omer shafts are 145+ the tip length which makes em a bit shorter but they perform well.

its a shame you are not here, you could give mine a try.

C4 produced new muzzles and reel. Reel is magnificient its made of Titanium and new muzzles are open and capable of taking bulk rubber with special adaptors. Hovewer this cutting and connecting bulk rubber is tricky, if you made one side few mm shorter, the gun wil shoot inaccurately.Hovewer sight of aim is excellent.

murat i would think that since it allows for bulk rubber, there would be no problem using circular bands made out of bulk rubber

Attachments

• gun12.jpg
    gun12.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 206
Hi Mishu
I bought a Totemsub Pelagos 100 - very nice. Well made, reliable, very accurate etc etc.

So I can only assume that the Tahiti is equally as good but bigger. Never used the Tahiti but if the Pelagos is anything to go by I would rate the Tahiti highly.

The other gun I would contemplate would be the Giman Dentex 110 or the Dapiran Superjedi. (Never tried these - but hopefully someone has and will coment - currently looking at the opposite end of the scale for a smaller 80 to 90 wooden gun... but not getting much info.)

Let us know what you go for and how you like it - I am sure that a wooden gun will make you smile ALOT !
Ed

Welcome Persiko
We look forward to the translation of your site, even my husband took notice of it :D

Alison said:
Welcome Persiko
We look forward to the translation of your site, even my husband took notice of it :D

Tanks for wellcome
i think to have it next week, whith new pages and technical.
ciao

Ciao Persiko

Benvennutto a questo Forum. Sono Shacaluga di Bluworld e Apneamagazine.

Il suo fucili e molto bello.

Thanks for the link

Shane

Wow, some really impressive looking guns there. Remarkable craftsmanship. I didnt vote because I have never seen them here in my little corner of the planet. Very interesting. Some of them are so pretty Id probably be afraid to take one in the water.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT