• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Which Roller gun for me?!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Jan 19, 2016
I have just received my annual bonus from my job and I would like to 'invest' it on a new speargun :)...

I am really enjoying the Pathos Laser Open Pro 110 which I bought last year. It is accurate, manageable and has a good shooting distance, which I definitely need for shooting 'nervous' sea bream and seabass in crystal clear shallow water!

I dive comfortably in 3-15m. My preferred technique is an aguatto-aspetto, where I start with a careful slow agguato behind rocks, then wait in ambush for 30 seconds or so if I don't encounter anything during the first agguato.

I am itching to try out a roller. It would need to fire up to 4-5m comfortably with a FAST, precise shot.

I have narrowed my list to the below guns:

Picasso Magnum BW Roller Evolution - https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/picasso-magnum-bw-roller-evolution/136108916/p#

Spetton Rebel Eliptic Roller Teknic - https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/spetton-rebel-eliptic-roller-teknic/70324/p

Omer Cayman E.T Roller - https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/omer-cayman-e.t.-roller/65676/p

I was thinking about a 90-95 cm long gun. I feel this is the best suited for my technique, do you agree? I am leaning towards the Omer but at 360+ Euros it certainly is not cheap! What I like about it is the ability to add a linear band if you want more power or 'punch'. Do you have any experience with the other guns? Any other notable mentions that you feel should be in any 'budget roller' list?

Thanks a lot as always. Dive safe!

ive had the omer et roller in 85 for 2 seasons ,brilliant very tough well built gun ,I've shot big bass at 4 meters ,5 would be pushing it ,get the 95 ,should be perfect for you .

Did you consider the Pathos sniper roller 95? I love mine and could recommend it. Only 235€. Not too expensive if you see what you get for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive had the omer et roller in 85 for 2 seasons ,brilliant very tough well built gun ,I've shot big bass at 4 meters ,5 would be pushing it ,get the 95 ,should be perfect for you .

Thanks mate...yes 90 or 95 would be what I'd be looking at. Any sources for online purchase in EU?

Did you consider the Pathos sniper roller 95? I love mine and could recommend it. Only 235€. Not too expensive if you see what you get for it.

Not really...for some reason it looks 'cheap' in some photos compared to other roller guns. I get the feeling that fitting a roller muzzle was an afterthought...

But will have a closer look. Again, any source for an online EU purchase? Thanks!

It is certainly not cheaply made! The muzzle is actually really nice and I think the extra kicker band is a must if you like to get the most out of the performance of a roller. The trigger is built really well too. All stainless with a crisp pull.

Reactions: Mr. X
Pm sent for online store.

And if you are looking for a reel to go with your new gun I can recommend LG sub. Nicest reel I ever used. Incremental adjustment on the drag, super smooth and very well made.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT