• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

which to choose

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

pembroke

Apr 24, 2009
hi, i presenly use a 75cm gun, however i really want to get a 90 or even a 100cm gun, what are the things i should take into accountt ie length of arms for loading the bands etc
thanks

hi, i presenly use a 75cm gun, however i really want to get a 90 or even a 100cm gun, what are the things i should take into accountt ie length of arms for loading the bands etc
thanks

You won't have any problems with loading a 90 or 100 so long as you have decent technique. I know of several guys who are 5'8" tall and load 140cm railguns without a problem. If you're really worried about it. Get a shaft that has a loading tab on it (tab half way down the spear). But from what I've heard, larger guns are kind of a waste up your way due to the low visibility. A 100cm may just slow you down and make shooting fish more difficult due to decreased maneuverability. Just some things to think of.

thank's i have ordered one, got to try it out, tec dave has had some good fish this year using a 90cm

Mate a 75 and a 90 is all the guns you’ll ever need in UK water’s, unless you happen to be Almostafish or UKSpearo as those two buggers seem to use inbuilt sonar location, that or they’re using The Force.:martial:martial
What did you go for?

When loading the new big boy, wear a pair of gloves, grab firmly the end of the bands and pull, pull without hesitation, pull with a fluid, smooth, uninterrupted movement.
You'll find out it takes a little more effort than loading the 75, but you must be self confident: just trust yourself, pull like there's no tomorrow and you will make it.

Despite the bare 15 centimeters of difference, you'll find out that a 90 shoots significantly longer range than a 75, but is significantly clumsier to manouver. You'll get used to it pretty quickly, as it always happens when you upgrade from the basic tool to a more sophisticated one (say parking a Nissan Micra and then parking a Volvo V70: after a few hit and miss - mostly "hits"... - it becomes the same thing).

Last edited:
Mate a 75 and a 90 is all the guns you’ll ever need in UK water’s, unless you happen to be Almostafish or UKSpearo as those two buggers seem to use inbuilt sonar location, that or they’re using The Force.:martial:martial
What did you go for?
well a 75cm cressi, however sweetheart ( her indoors ) has bought me a 100cm cressi for crimbo

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT