• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

white swan lake ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

saskfish

May 14, 2007
i was just wandering if anyone has diving experience in white swan lake saskatchewan . if so please reply with vis , types of fish and depth thank you

Messey dives up there and it sounds awesome. A few of us will be making a trip up there this Summer.

Well we dive in Alberta mostly, but last year we went to Meadow Lake and hit about 5 lakes. Saturday we're headed to Van Islan for a week!

I've never gone spearfishing in White Swan, but I've dove the lake and have seen some good sized fish and I've pulled a number of large lake trout out on line. For Northern Sask it's a deep lake and in summer the lunkers are deep. From a boat you need steel line or a downrigger to get your lure down. Icefishing in the winter was always a sure thing.

There used to be a diving bell ... I'm not sure if it is still there or not. While you are heading up to the Hanson Lake road you could check out Candle Lake (down near Minnewaka). There are a lot of great lakes in the area, Steepbank, Piprel, Little Bear ...

I live in San Diego now, which is a pretty fine place to call home, but when I start thinking about that area, I sure do miss it.

Great info, thanks! Northern Saskatchewan is beautiful indeed.

ya i hear it is pretty good spearfishing in candle lake , i am not sure where the other lakes are though. about a year ago i went camping with my family at riding mountain national park and there was a lake called clear water lake and i went swimming through the weeds and rocks looking for crayfish and man the vis was like 20 feet its was perfect.

I have a cottage at Whiteswan. Awesome clarity in this lake. I only snorkel/spearfish but you can easily see 25 feet plus. There are lakers and pike in the main lake and pike only in the second and third lakes (through narrows at north end of main lake) visibility in the 2nd and 3rd lakes isn't as good but there are some monster pike in there. Try the NW corner of the lake and find the weedbed. You will find a nice selection of pike in there to hunt.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT