• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Who uses a 3/16" shaft?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Mublad115

Jan 24, 2018
Hi, I'm curious as to who here uses a thin 3/16" shaft. Me and my friends use this shaft for almost everything here. Biggest catch is a 24 and a half kilo gt shot by my friend. My gun measures 110cm with 3/16" shaft and a single 14mm exercise bands. That's me on the photo with my gun. Accuracy before power. Safe diving all

Attachments

• 20191031_133637.jpg
    20191031_133637.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 198
The longer and thinner the shaft the easier it is to bend, some divers use 1/4", but not many would use less than that. The shaft tail needs enough material for a tail notch to fit the sear box and tabs can replace wishbone notches. The Japanese rollerguns used thin shafts being spear tail drivers, however the shafts were relatively short.
Early_Roller1.jpg

Early_Slide1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mublad115
We weld a 1/4 shaft about an inch in lenght. This is where we make the notch for the sear... some local spearo here use up to 8 feet of 3/16 stainless shaft. At first I doubt that they will hit anything with that long and thin shaft. Until I saw it firsthand. Once the weather permits I will try to take photos of them in action. Photo is a thumb trigger gun with 7feet, 3/16 shaft. Gun is used for wahoo, gt, and baracuda.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191118-093928_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191118-093928_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 189
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT