• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Who will win the mens Dynamic competition?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Who will win the mens Dynamic competition?

• Herbert Nitsch

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Stephane Mifsud

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Martin Stepanek

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Nestor Aparcedo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jean-Pol Francois

• Haydn Welch

• Bill Stromberg

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Pavel Kazanakov

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Carlos Coste

• Mikael Asp

• Guillaume Nery

• Unknown or Outsider [Place your choice in a post below]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
Who will win the mens Static competition?

In the latest article by Pete Scott and Eric Fattah, in our lead-up coverage to the Sony FreeDiver Open Classic competition, we provide a list of the contenders for the mens dynamic competition in Cyprus.

However, not statisfied with our authors predictions we want to hear your votes for the person you think will win the Mens dynamic competition.

Vote above and then continue to watch our coverage to see if your prediction is correct!

Last edited:
I apologise but an error on our part meant the Static and Dynamic polls had identical lists of competitors. This has now been corrected!

Thanks!

A question to eric fattah, who was the Swedish diver who died in controlled dynamic apnea-training, and where have you heard about it? I haven't heard about anything like that here.

Basco, I don't know of any swedish apneist either who died practicing dynamic. I heard of a swimmer who tried swimming underwater after a swimming session and died, maybe it was that Eric meant?

My vote goes to Herbert Nitsch but watchout for Haydn Welch, he might have improved his performance i Russia. It will be very interesting to follow it.

Pity Matty Tough isn't going.... he had a standout performance in Kona...

:D

Go Herbert!

And yeah, it was a pity Matty "samba'd", still it didn't deserve a "humour violation":D

Results?

The results of the dynamic must be in by now, but they are not posted on the site. Anyone want to break the tension?

Official results aren't in yet.

Unofficially Herbert wins with 155m but a 10 point penalty. However Pierre Frolla did 153m clean, but got disqualified for a hand gesture which many people thought was unfair. He has appealead and if he gets his DQ overturned will be the winner.

Official results will be posted as soon as we have them.

Why are there no results on the official web site? Is there a list anywhere else?

pi

hi

I woulda thought that Herbet would have went further, maybe he wasnt pushing to much to be ready for the real events. :cool:

cheers

Ahh, to have a bird's eye view of the comp. Many things went wrong for competitors in dynamic!

Stephane Mifsud--he's about 50-80 metres short of his usual level!

Haydn--pulled up at 50m--I guess he didn't train for competition stress

Herbert equipment problems.....

Too bad Martin didn't give it a try, considering he won't be going until the third day.

I'm really, really surprised more competitors didn't have dynamics closer to 150m. I think it's one of the easier events to do--but that's my own laminaresque bias, I guess.

The real story is Natalia Molchanova--in my opinion she won the dynamic competition with a smooth and clean effort, with no equipment failures, obscene gestures, penalty points--it's funny, this is her first international competition, and she beat out people who have been to every AIDA competition in the last five years, men and women!

Crazy stuff. Lots of upsets.
More to come I'm sure.

Pete
Vancouver, BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT