• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Who will win the mens Static competition?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Who will win the mens Static competition?

• Herbert Nitsch

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Stephane Mifsud

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Martin Stepanek

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Timo Kinnunen

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Nicolas Druine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Karl Pernett

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Paulo Atherino

• Luc Gosselin

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Deron Verbeck

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Unknown or Outsider [Place your choice in a post below]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Karl has disqualified himself by not making the announcement cut off. I don't know if they are going to let him compete. As of last night no.

Timmo from Finland has subscibed the longest at 8:00

Bevan is a sleeper so watch out for him.

Herbert has done multiple clean 8:10's and an 8:27 that I have witnessed.

But don't forget the other 165 men and women who are competing. They are competing to be there own personal world champion. They are the real hero's of this comp and my hat goes off to each and every one of them for coming here and stepping up to the plate and doing the best they can. This is the true spirit of this sport and I love it!

So cheer for the others guys!

DSV in Cyprus

What the ....

hi

Karl is disqualified man I feel sick in the stomach reading that, Ive been excited all day at work to come and see the updates on the static comp and now the guy im backing is disqualified.

Everyone of those competitiors at the comp can beat me and I wish good luck to all of them including you Deron, but man im pissed if Karl doesnt get a go, im off to pm frank to see whats goin on.

cheers

Originally posted by DSV
But don't forget the other 165 men and women who are competing. They are competing to be there own personal world champion. They are the real hero's of this comp and my hat goes off to each and every one of them for coming here and stepping up to the plate and doing the best they can. This is the true spirit of this sport and I love it!
I can't agree more - it is truly inspiring to see the elite breaking records, as well as seeing people try to beat their own PB's or just compete.

Stupid rules

My brother (Karl) just writed me. He doesn't speak english very well He thougth that the static inscriptions were all the afternoon, he arrived at 4:00 PM. They let him compete. He made the better time (7'16"), Herbert did 7'15" and Timo 7'20" but he announced 7'20". He is the winner for me, but AIDA said that because of late inscpription he cannot be the winner.
I think that rule is stupid.
Vote in this poll: http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35202

Last edited:
the judges chose to disqualify him

Everybody sow that Karl was the winner -but the judges chose to disqualify him--------para mi Karl hizo lo mejor.

Karl you are a great person and a winner too...saludos

Daniel

i forgot to tell you something Karl --

my apoyo para ti por eso habri una cuenta en esta pagina.
vence el mal con un bien

Last edited:
Hope you fellas don't mind me collecting men's static apnea record info--for Novel purposes...get back to me, please, Samantha and her boyfriend Kip will want to know.
Water Rat...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT