• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Winter Blahs

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bolts

Jun 1, 2004
Hey kids,

Winter is starting here, and with it comes the traditional winter "blahs"...that is for those folks such as myself to don't like the -30C temperatures, snow, ice and the "fun" associated with it. So what do you do over the winter to beat the blahs? This question is directed to those unfortunate enough to have to suffer through these cold months without the possibility of a southern dash to warmer climates!

Winter thus far is driving me crazy, as I took my first freediving course in late October, and want to get back in the water ASAP. That, coupled with the fact I'm a cold water wuss, is going to make for a long winter!

Hi Bolts
Friends of mine that have travelled to Canada absolutely loved it, so I reckon the opposite would apply.
Come over here for a nice long holiday.

grab you skates and get on the Canal!!! be sure to buy the skate patrolman a hot choc one night too :p and say Salut to la petite pitune de Canal :p

Used to be a supervisor there :D

Ottawa is great in the winter, Spend nights in the Market and days snowshoeing in the Gatineau's!

Hey, I've TRIED to like winter, I really have. The ice, the snow, I've given it a try. It's just not my thing. Probably the limb-numbing cold despite numerous layers of clothing that turns me off of it.

go over to Gatineau and find something cute and french to keep you warm :D

Is that a nice way of telling him to 'go to Hull'
Aloha
Bill

ah, good ol' Hull, I used to work at a bar there :D

Ozone closed and Le Bop burnt down :(

For years I've had to endure them also. No more, Finally making the jump to Florida in March. I wish there were places like aquairiums that would allow divers to come and explore under supervised conditions. I feel if done preperly, things would be great. landlocked people could discover what we've known all along... fear not...first day of spring is but 100 days away!

Tina

Being slightly affected by SAD, I daily give thanks that I don't live any farther north than I do. Probably would be headed out for a deliberate SWB if I was where you are. I, too, took a free-dive course had haven't made it out to the briney yet and to make things worse, yesterday the weather was beautiful! Fudge! Oh well, the year will turn, my blahs will leave and maybe sometime in the spring I'll nail my first fish up close and personal.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT