• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wisconsin Dive Sites?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

skarz

Rasta Freediver
Mar 4, 2004
Anyone know any good lakes around wisconsin to dive and fish in? I'm really new to this whole deal.

Skarz, did you get a wetsuit figured ot yet?? Your going to need something if you want to drop below the thermoclines.

We were just up to Red Granit a couple of weeks ago and some nice vis below 50'. Another lake very close to there is Pearl Lake. I think you mentioned your parents had property in that general area. There are actually at least a dozen nice lakes in that area good for spearfishing and shallow freediving.

Lake Wazze in Jackson county is good for deeper stuff, and there are many shallow wrecks in Door County to check out.

I was out last Saturday in Lake Monona and got to dive with sturgeon, gar fish, musky, bass, northern pike, walleye, crappies, and a bunch of other fish. It was almost like diving in an aquarium, except that it was cold.

Check out LAKESAT.ORG for clear lakes in your area.

Jon

Im afraid of muskies, they bite off toes :) LoL. I'm hopefully getting a job soon, but i have no wetsuit. I'm not sure if we're on the same pearl lake, there are tons of em. The one we have property on is really really clear though. Damn i need a wetsuit! I know i need that before a gun, i want a 5mm, socks, and gloves first. I got some crappy masks, snorkel, flippers too. Then again i'd prolly kill myself spearing, i dont even know how they work :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT