• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wisconsin State Records - Spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Whopperhead

Wisconsin Speargun Hunter
Mar 2, 2007
I thought I would Post the Wisconsin State Records for Spear/Bow:

-Buffalo, Bigmouth: 62lb 9.6oz 49" 4/23/07 Lake Wisconsin, Sauk Co

-Bowfin: 10lbs 15.7oz 32.5" 8/24/07 Mississippi River, Buffalo Co.

-Carpsucker/Quillback: 10lbs 7.2oz 25.25" 3/17/07 Wisconsin River, Juneau Co.

-Carp, Common: 51lbs 0oz 43.25" 5/31/06 Lake Geneva, Walworth Co.

-Drum(Sheepshead): 15lbs 15oz 29" 5/25/06 Mississippi River, Trempeleau Co.

-Gar, Longnose: 17lbs 1oz 52.5" 5/6/00 Mississippi River, Trempeleau Co.

-Redhorse, Silver: 9lbs 8oz 27.5" 5/20/06 Big Eau Pleine, Marathon Co.

-Shad, Gizzard: 3lbs 5.9oz 19.5" 4/22/07 Mississippi River, Trempeleau Co.

Last edited:
Yeah I was looking at these records and Thought- I've had ones real close to the record if not bigger- Just something to keep in mind- if we end up spearing a big one- It might be the next State Record.

I wish I would have weighed my Bowfin at Golden Lake. It had to be close to 10...maybe 8, idk.

hey where did you find Wi's spearfishing records I want to find MN's spearfishing records because i spend most of the year out here?

Jeez that's heavier me - almost 20 stone! I wonder if the French record was at the dedicated carp fishing lake created by the former British builder,who featured in TV documentary a while back? I know a carp fisherman that goes there and know of several other locals that regularly visit. I've seen some pictures, they catch monster fish.

Surprised none of the records were from the biggest lake, L. Michigan, or doesn't that count? Saw some huge dead fish floating in L. Michigan years ago, although it was suspiciously near to the Shedd Aquarium. I swam in L. Geneva several times, had know idea it contained huge carp. Saw some big carp in the Fox River in Algonquin, IL though - they compete with ducks for the bread scraps provided by river-side restaurant, quite a sight.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT