• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wizard May 04/2006

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Erik

Jan 21, 2001
Jimmy and I headed out to Wizard ater work. I was anxious to get the new suit wet. The entrance was locked and there is no parking allowed in the subdivisions, so we parked in the grass and walked into the beach past all the fencing.
The vis sucked- about 15cm max, but we still did a few 5 metre dives and bumped our heads on the bottom. Nothing to report really, just that the suit is incredible. I was not even remotely cold after 1 hour in 9C water. Last year Lee and I went into Twin with the same temp and my teeth were chattering in 15 minutes (3mm+ 6mm vest and shorts).
Ellios f###ing rules :friday
Peace,
Erik

Thanks for the report Erik. I guess the trend continues...the early ice off time of the lakes is not good for our visibility. Awesome to hear about the new suit. I anticipate the same results. I hope to head to cypress hills to some trout lakes this week after my exams, as I will be heading to Calgary for a couple days.

lee

Just got back from Twin today sunday May 07. The suit was incredible: 2 hours in the water not slightly chilled. Saw a legal Pike and lots of perch in the shallows. Vis was up to 3 metres looking down. Did some 40' dives with the new suit and corresponding 16lb weight harness. Not cold in the least, despite the 4C water at that depth. Beautiful day!
I spoke to a dude who owns a site at Battle Lake- he said he pulled an 8lb whitefish out of there this winter.... I think I'll head there next Saturday for some hunting.
Good luck on the exams Lee.
Peace,
Erik

Erik said:
I spoke to a dude who owns a site at Battle Lake- he said he pulled an 8lb whitefish out of there this winter.... I think I'll head there next Saturday for some hunting.

Probally more like 2-3 lbs but still worth a try. I would be very happy with a 2-3 lb whitefish.

I think the lake whitefish can get quite big, unlike the rockies that stay under 5lbs.

feign said:
I think the lake whitefish can get quite big, unlike the rockies that stay under 5lbs.

Yes they can get rather big. Most fisherman are well know for over estimating the weight of the fish they catch though. If you got a 8 lb whitefish would you tell people where you got it?

I would like to try Wizard again- maybe this week, to check out the viz. Hopefully it's opened up!
Erik

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT