• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Work - what do you do for a living ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
At the risk of becoming unpopular for posting on a resurrected thread I would like to add that it is my job to con your teen into doing their school work, try to keep them from smoking, doing drugs, or having sex, listen to them REALLY listen, give them hugs, read them the riot act, and get my butt whooped in basketball, all while ensuring that said teens are having fun! I used to do experiments that involved sticking oyster DNA into bacteria for a living. I used to wear a white coat and latex gloves 12 hours a day and spent a lot of time talking about things like "histones" and "nucleases". Being trampled by a pack of rowdy teenagers every afternoon five days a week is WAY better! Lots more time for diving now too.

A particularly good thread. What a crew inhabits these forums.

Connor

Wow! Now I remember this thread. I had to go back to the second page to see what I said in 2005, but I guess I'll stick with that story.

Ha ha especially like the "dope smoking therapist" bits, brilliant!!

Electronics technician, ex-air force, so a slight jack of all trades, but that's my bread winner!!

im an electrical engineer with company of my own

some cool jobs on here
ps reeftroll hope your back on here soon telling us about your new job

has anybody by any chance seen the job advertised on hamilton island care takers job oh my god i wish
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7823812.stm the british have already crashed the site

Last edited:
Great read!
I just read every one of these posts... and didn't see one from me. So, I know for a fact that I didn't post but do not know for a fact that I didn't read all this back in 2005.
So...
I was a farmer for 20 years. Farming slows down around here during the winter since it gets to be like -25 deg F. so and back in the late 70's early 80's I built motorcycle choppers during the off months and later in the late 80's and early 90's I landscaped during winters in arizona so learned a lot of spanish, which has been a great + for travels to mexico.
Since I quit farming, I've done many types of work.. from computer to tour bus driver (loved driving the bus!) and now I hold about 4 part time jobs that still don't add up to 1 full time job.. carpentry work, electrical work, computer work, and maintenance for a 56 unit place that my sister manages. One of my biggest fears is being too committed to work to not be able to leave when I want.. so far.. so good.
Kids are all grown up and the grand kids are running thick (all 12 of 'em)..

Have speargun, rifle and shells..., not scared to clean a squirrel or a fish... I'll survive.

Reactions: Erik
Prior to graduating from college I was a personal trainer, after graduating I opened shop and practiced Nutrition for more than I care to mention, had a minor in Industrial Design, so I sold my practice and pursued my passion (design), been doing that for about 12 years now, with some on and off teaching in the same field...one thing I have come to realize if you love what you do it'll never seem like work:friday

Reactions: spaghetti
I build things, all sorts of things for all sorts of people, this is what I have been building lately ......a nice koi pond...

Attachments

• P1030597(1).JPG
    P1030597(1).JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 105
  • P1030602(1)(1).JPG
    P1030602(1)(1).JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 107
  • P1030619(1)(1).JPG
    P1030619(1)(1).JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 108
  • P1030623(1)(1).JPG
    P1030623(1)(1).JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 109
  • P1030756(1).JPG
    P1030756(1).JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 120
Nothing exciting,

I'm a Key Account Manager for the Largest Manufactuer of Heating Boilers in Europe.So i sell Domestic Boilers,Solar and Renewable Technologies(Heat Pumps)

Spent most of the last couple of weeks commisioning Solar Thermal Systems.

Not exciting but i enjoy it.

Our boilers control the heat @ Guernsey Airport aswell as the Porsche Factory @ Lipzig....just to name a few.

Reactions: Erik
I sell bespoke firearms and fishing tackle to a select cliental base in the UK.
Clients include-
Glowworm
Surfnspear
Flyflicker
Almostafish
Mr X
Stuckinsurrey
Coops
I’ve even supplied speargun front sights to the legendary Foxfish and Old Man Dave.:king
And very occasionally I’ll sell something that I actually make a profit on.:D:D

Reactions: Pav
Hey Fox, do they actually let you stand on top of that fish pond with a speargun? :t

Hey Slingy...at least he doesn't sing for his dinner! rofl

shop assistant
ski lift operator
fruit harvester
vegetable harvester
furniture maker
furniture designer
burger cook
private tutor
nightclub advertising flyer distributor
General Store owner/ manager
?

I have also been and still am a part time student in Linguistics and Psychology, but I guess that isn't a job because I don't get paid.

As Winston Churchill said, "find something you love to do and you'll never have to work again"

Last edited:
Reactions: island_sands
Hey Agbiv, I don't get much chance to perform lately, I'm trying to promote the young bunch,in hopes of garnering future income.(Mailbox money if you will) However,as usual, the cool perks are keeping life interesting. Here are clips of New Years Eve on the Riverwalk. One from last year and one from this year. Hey Al, check out the Sponser's banner. :friday[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8LyIc7yZB4]YouTube - Me singing We Belong[/ame]
:thankyou[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY9kZBk5OXg]YouTube - No One By Alicia Keys on New Years Eve[/ame]

wow, old thread. seems I posted in it back in 2005.... a lot has changed since then!

me at the current office:

n614545050_3971138_3372.jpg

and the part time/ vacation office:

n614545050_4514720_2990.jpg

Man, the weather was completely different from last year. Still, it was a very nice evening. Here are pics of Anthony Bourdain playing drums for the girls. You can't make this stuff up folks!

Last edited:
Los Angeles County Lake Lifeguard. One hour paid workout every day. Love this job; I work very hard for my money but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm studying (well more like practicing) to be a structural welder. Lifeguard's dont get much work over the winter ya know! But its more time for the beach!!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT