• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wanted WTB: Vintage technisub speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

skorpeeyun

May 17, 2008
Hello. I am trying to locate a vintage technisub speargun. Does anyone have any leads as to where I might aquire one???? Haven't had much luck on ebay. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanx in advance.
D

Keep checking Ebay as they had a Technisub Jaguar for sale recently from a US buyer. I have bought a few vintage guns from Ebay, Nemrod, Cressi and Dessault. PM forum member Spaghetti as he might have some useful Italian contacts!

What model you after. The Jaguar long and short are the 2 classic Technisub air guns. They featured in the original James Bond film Thunderball. The one where some baddy is creeping up on our James while he lies canoodling some tart on a desert island beach. He turns around and fires the jaguar and pins the baddy to a palm tree. "I think he got the point" says our boy.

I digress. Until I dumped it no more than a month ago I had an old Technisub Jeans 60 which was the next generation after the Jaguar. Jaguars were mid handle, rear resevoir and the short version just had the barrel/shaft reduced with the same rear end. The jeans featured the ability to be striped down without the use of tools and looked almost identical to a modern rear handled pneumatic speargun. It aslo had an eccentric barrel sitting higher in the outer tube/reseviour. Ahead of its time.

Dave

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. X
Thanx a bunch Guys!!!! Really appreciate it!!! The gun I'm looking for is not a Jaguar, but a different Technisub. I'll shoot Spagetti a PM & see if he can help. Thanx again!!
D

Still having trouble locating the technisub im looking for. Anybody got any more leads I can try???? Would really appreciate it!! Thanx,
D

.... Until I dumped it no more than a month ago I had an old Technisub Jeans 60 which was the next generation after the Jaguar. Jaguars were mid handle, rear resevoir and the short version just had the barrel/shaft reduced with the same rear end. The jeans featured the ability to be striped down without the use of tools and looked almost identical to a modern rear handled pneumatic speargun. It aslo had an eccentric barrel sitting higher in the outer tube/reseviour. Ahead of its time...
How did it compare to a modern band gun (or mamba/mid-handle gun)? [When you say "dumped" ... you didn't throw it away?!]

BTW If you don't mind paying shipping, suggest you select the "Worldwide" option when searching for low volume items like this on eBay. Otherwise foreign items are often (but not always) ignored.

I wonder if anyone has the complete James Bond kit? One of the forum members has all the Britmarine rubber stuff - including my old mask. Or using a vintage speargun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Man Dave
I have more than 120 vintage pneumatic spearguns. Some are double, which one would you be interested?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT