• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

WTT Citizen EcoDrive Black Eagle or Casio Pathfinder PAW1300T-7V for freedive comp

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

c.lathe

Mar 12, 2008
I have a Citizen EcoDrive Black Eagle, in the Skyhawk series. It's a beautiful watch( great pic and info here, and a little more info here). It's in super shape, with just a little of the black plating wearing off on a non-visible part of the hasp that holds it together, standard minor cosmetic scratches (not through the finish) on the bottom outside of the band (the inside of your wrist), and a minor minor scratch on the face that really takes some hunting to find. I have had this a year and it's super awesome; I love that it's solar powered, and the time zones are awesome, as I am living abroad right now. I will work on posting some pictures in the next few days. It will run forever on a days normal walk in the sun, it has 3 daily alarms (which aren't the normal, effeminate bleeping of most solar powered watches, I can hear this one in my dead sleep), countdown timer, chronometer, custom time zones 24-hr UTC dial and a bunch more really cool features.
I've also decided that I would be willing to trade my Casio Pathfinder PAW1300T-7V. This thing is solar powered, has a digital compass, altimeter with descent/ascent/min/max recordings for multiple hikes, barometer with 24 hour barometric pressure reading graph on the main timekeeping mode, thermometer and is a "waveceptor" watch, which means it sets itself if it's within range of a specific radio signal. (Most of north america and europe are covered, and large parts of Asia). It has five alarms, keeps track of all worldwide times zones, and also has a countdown timer and stopwatch. It also has the titanium band. This watch is cosmetically not in as good shape as the other watch, but I am a rather avid backcountry hiker and used this as a tool, not as a decoration piece. There are no scratches on the face (kept a protective cover on it), but the plastic casing has some minor marring that doesn't affect the physical function of the watch. The band has some scratches, but they are all cosmetic. This thing is super handy, especially if you're into hiking and backcountry adventures. The compass alone has saved my ass at least twice. This thing is also so light you forget you're wearing it, which is awesome. It also doesn't look like a huge, geeky "please steal me" tourist watch, which is nice if you do any traveling in, well, less than savory places like I have. I would want a decent dive comp for this one, as it was a gift, and as I use it all the time... it's super cool. Here are a few reviews and informative pages on the watch: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Casio-PAW1300T-7V-Mens-Watch/dp/B000OWI0R4"]Amazon[/ame] [ame="http://ezinearticles.com/?Casio-Pathfinder-PAW1300T-7V---The-Best-Wrist-Watch-You-Could-Ever-Want-Right-Now&id=808279"]Review[/ame]

However, much more cool would be a basic freediving computer/watch, as I am diving every day now, 7 days a week, and will continue to do so for the next two or three years. So, I am looking to trade this watch for something like a Mares Apneist, Suunto D3 or something comparable. I basically need a depth meter, bottom timer, max depth, and auto-start dive timer; also, some basic scuba modes would be nice, but not necessary. 1 or 2 second resolution on the depth meter isn't that big a deal, as I'm not looking to break any records. PM me, or email at clathe at gmail dot com . I may also be willing to throw in a little cash, as much as 100 dollars, if necessary.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT