• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

www.dpearfishing.de online shop scam!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Murat Mustafa

May 10, 2017
Online Shop Scam (ww.spearfishing.de)

I want to spread an unethical and unprofessional act of online shop www.spearfishing.de to the community so other will not make the mistake I did.

I made a bulk order from the shop, and even though all of the items seemed in stock, it took them five working days, seven calendar day to proceed my order to post. I did not mind that even though I selected items in stock for fast shipment.

When I opened my order, I noticed that the diving flag was missing from my best hunter okipa 3 buoy. I did not mind that one either as I had a spare flag from my previous floats. However, when I started reel 1.5mm 50 meters expensive Dyneema (purchased from them) to my new reel LG Twist 45 for pathos (also from them) I realised that it only took about 25 meters line. I was shocked because I choose that reel because of, on their site, it was advertised as it takes 45 meters of 1.5mm line and 30 meters of 1.8mm line on the time of my purchase. I wrote them about the issue but they told me they are in holiday and they will look into it next week. When I got a reply next week, they said it is because of the way I wrap the line into my reel but they will confirm it from the manufacturer. And I told them there is no way the difference will be that much (45 meters to 25 meters). A few days later I got a reply saying that they confirmed from the manufacturer that reel only takes 30 meters of line so it was “OK”. I got furious, I told them it is not “OK” with me because I purchased that reel based on information they provided and demanded a replacement. And from that point, it all got very nasty. They updated their site with new information saying that reel take 30 meters of line and they send me an e-mail saying that I misunderstand the information written on the site!!!!

I am not returning the reel as it means 4 hours drive and paying postage back for me. Instead, I am spreading this incident to let the community know about this online show approach to their customers. I will also carry this issue to consumer right protection organisations in EU and Germany.

Reactions: zoran cikotic
Well, if they wrote wrong information about the product on the site (shure you can find a cached version of that text online) they should replace it without cost for you (including the fee for the return shipping ofcourse).

As for the shipping they could email you a pre-filled return form for a courier so you don't have to drive 4hrs.

You will probably not make them more keen to help you by outing it like this in the forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kodama
I asked them to help me, and they said they wouldn't. So, I am not trying to force them at this stage. I am just trying to warn other people about their way of work ethic.

About finding a cached version, I do not know how to do that, any more explanation, please?

Reactions: zoran cikotic
I have ordered from spearfishing.de several times because of their competitive pricing. Most orders went fine except for a speargun that was missing in one of them. I send them an email to which they replied promptly and send the gun straight away. I visited the shop several times and like the owners they seem decent people to me. Their English is not great maybe there is a communication problem? I hope you can solve together with them without having to resort to legal action. Sub sub has a valid point.

Sent from the abyss

About finding a cached version, I do not know how to do that, any more explanation, please?

You can check if you find a cached version of that specific product on these sites. Copy/paste the URL of the site you want to find the cached version of and voilà.

I don't know how well it works with a webshop containing many articles though. Maybe someone in the forum can answer this better than me?

http://cachedview.com/

https://archive.org/web/

You can read a bit more here:
https://www.lifewire.com/view-cached-websites-on-google-4103726

Ok. So here's some cached versions.

The LG Sub Twist Light has a cached cversion from the 2nd June 18:57hrs, which looks the same as todays version.

Skärmavbild 2017-06-16 kl. 14.16.33.png
Skärmavbild 2017-06-16 kl. 14.16.57.png

On the other hand they have a older cached version (17 May 00:01) of the LG Sub Twist Vertical 45 for Pathos where they have edited the information from the roll beeing able to take:
35m x 1,8mm or 45m x 1,5mm
to:
20m x 1,8mm or 30m x 1,5mm

Skärmavbild 2017-06-16 kl. 14.33.37.png

Skärmavbild 2017-06-16 kl. 14.15.42.png

Last edited:
I guess they reviewed and corrected all incorrect info after the conversations with you? Unfortunatly the google robot crawler cached the page of the "Twist Light" reel after the edit was done. But this should be enough for them to think over their decision again.

Maybe you should try to restrain your frustration a bit when communicating, I think you'll get further that way. Just point out the facts and now you have a bit of actual factoids / proof to reffer to.

Last edited:
Wow, that's great SubSub, thanks for your time and all the effort you spend on this issue. Yeah, actually I got very frustrated when I explained them the situation calmly and asked what can be done about it but they replied: "the reel was supposed to take 30 meters, so everything is OK".

Yes, they changed the information after the discussion with me. And not only that, in their e-mail they accused me of not knowing what I ordered....

No problem. This should not be hard to resolve.

Send them the screenshots, quite obviously you have the right to return something that was presented and sold to you under faulty circumstances and with the wrong information.

It was probably just a mistake from their side, and you can prove your point by showing how they changed the info after your discussions.

Tell them to send you the product you want and a return form free of charge, or just the return form if you don't want another product. Sure they will lose money on it, but you are not to blame.

If I were running Spearfishing.de I would also compensate you for the trouble by giving you a good discount and/or free shipping on your next purchase.

There is no such thing as automatic loyalty to a webshop, the only thing that matters is good prices and professional customer service where the latter is equally important. Maybe there is some language related issue, like Kodama says, who knows.

If they don't follow through on this info you have now one I think it is fair to put your case on public display, but atleast give them the chance to fix it first.

Reactions: Stephan Whelan
They didn't mention on the website that they will be on vacation.
And they had one product out of stock, didn't contact me and only when I was insisting with emails, they agree to exchange the out of stock product with an on stock ones.
But I had bad experiences with all webshops and I do not count on their stated delivery times anymore.

spearf.de.jpg

Let us know how things progress. I'm kind of curious about if they will sort you out or not.

Well, I contacted them with screenshot attached, and they shifted the blame from the manufacturer by saying that "we put the information available from the manufacturer and we updated it once they did". I also apologised if my previous emails were very frustrated and asked them if they can send me a reel with correct capacity with a return form so I can return the wrong reel and I would not mind 4 hours of driving. They said they will not do that because they do not want to bear the shipping cost of the new reel but they will be happy for me to return the reel to them with my own cargo expense :))) So they ask me after all of this pain, to drive 4 hours, pay the shipping back and waiting for the return and having no reel during that time to go fishing :))

Ok. Well that was a pretty interesting choice of www.spearfishing.de, a exellent portrayal of poor desicion making. Spearfishing.de are probably bleeding financially and don't want to splash out on the return ticket if they can avoid it.

Even if what they say is true; that they got the wrong info from LG Sub, they should solve it with the supplier and not let the cost fall on you.

The fact is that you now have the proof that they have stated faulty information of the product on their webshop when you bought it = the product advertised with false information.

The seller has a legal obligation to let you return och change product free of charge within the legislations of the EU.

Check this out:
http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

"Under EU rules you always have the right to a minimum 2-year guarantee at no cost, regardless of whether you bought your goods online, in a shop or by mail order.

This 2-year guarantee is your minimum right. National rules in your country may give you extra protection: however, any deviation from EU rules must always be in the consumer's best interest.

The 2-year guarantee period starts as soon as you receive your goods.

In some EU countries you must inform the seller within 2 months of discovering a fault, otherwise you may lose your right to the guarantee.

Within 6 months of receiving the goods, you need to show the trader that the goods are faulty or not as advertised.

The trader always has to provide a solution. In some EU countries you also have the right to request a remedy from the producer.

The European Consumer Centre in your country can help if you have a problem with goods you bought in or from another EU country."

Last edited:
Yeah, SubSub they are certainly poor at decision makers. I spent almost 600 euro in one go and told them I would be ordering other things soon as well since I started diving again after seven years some of my equipment is falling apart. But I think they do not want a loyal customer....

Do you know any official body within the EU and/or Germany that I can pass this issue SubSub?

I made an official complaint through EU Consumer Centre. It will be interesting to see how this will end.

Ok. Keep us up to date with the progress, I'm also kind of interested to see how this will play out. Can be good to know if one ever end up in a similar situation.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT