• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

X-clusive Carbonium gun from -UBL-

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DIM

Jul 17, 2012
Hello everyone! I want to show a new exclusive model "GYURZA carbon" from UBL. A little bit about the design. Receiver - composite: Carbon + aramid fibers. 1.8mm wall. Test pressure - 110kg. The barrel - s.s. steel 10.4 X 12mm. Titanium vacuum muzzle. Barrel and muzzle have a lifetime warranty. The length of the gun - 70 -110sm. Equipped with two shafts from Devoto 6.5, 7.0mm, three pistons. 12 vacuum cuffs.
Weight of 100cm gun is only 970gr.
DSC08325.JPG
DSC08213.JPG
DSC08224.JPG
DSC08185.JPG
DSC08221.JPG
DSC08327.JPG
hooting distance 100cm gun - 7m.
here is the video
http://www.ubl.dp.ua/ru/nashi-razrabotki/206-gjurza-karbon-ili-novaja-shkurka-dlja-gjurzy

Reactions: Jegwan
Hi DIM,

That's awesome!

I like your idea of a CF production of a conical outer barrel as used on the old classic Omer Skorpion. It looks great together with the Cyrano handle on the photos on the website.

I noticed the rounded termination of the piston - does this have a function together with the shock absorber in the muzzle?

Jégwan

Hello Jegwan! If you're asking about the conical front of the piston, it is very important for the distribution of the pressure during braking on shokabsorber. It can take 3 times more stronger impact. You're right! for aiming and turning the gun 1 m in water conical receiver is ideal. But this is especially important when you balancing the gun for exclude throw up front part of the gun when fired. Are you see on video? No any mooving of the gun. After a little practice you can get in a matchbox with a distance of 5 m

Hello Jegwan! If you're asking about the conical front of the piston, it is very important for the distribution of the pressure during braking on shokabsorber. It can take 3 times more stronger impact. You're right! for aiming and turning the gun 1 m in water conical receiver is ideal. But this is especially important when you balancing the gun for exclude throw up front part of the gun when fired. Are you see on video? No any mooving of the gun. After a little practice you can get in a matchbox with a distance of 5 m

Hi DIM,

So the shock absorber counterpart has a similar conical vault.. Nice.

Yep, I have seen the videos. I can see that the gun doesn't have much recoil.
To hit inside an area of a matchbox at a distance of 5 meter is something! :)

Thanks for the photos. Great job and workmanship! Really impressive project!

I like the new trigger pin with reduced diameter and the steel trigger design looks very cool. I suppose this gives the gun a smooth trigger pull - even with the higher pressure needed for the 10,4mm inner barrel.

What diameter have you chosen for the trigger pin and what is the working pressure used in the gun?

The special made shaft tang / "connector" - have you made this to reduce losses or make the piston stronger - and can it together with the vacuum hold the shaft in place without any problems?

Jégwan

This design minimizes the losses when disconnects the piston and the shaft. Usually long guns - from 90 to 130 sm, as well as a gun for hunting in the bush made with fixing of the shaft in the piston. but are often made without fixation. Vacuum for fixation enough

Wow man - Impressive work. A hydro-pneumatic beauty - I love it!

How is the recoil and accuracy of the "Tuna Boy"?

Jégwan

Last edited:
cant attach the video
if you send me mail - I send you one video and you shure that recoil is minimized. Reason - doble opposit run massa - shaft and water in resiver

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT