• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Yazbeck wetsuits info ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
That sounds like a good suit but I have never come across them before!
What have been the problems with the suits you have owned so far?

Hi Johnny-
That picture is actually an older model. I have the newer model, the Snyper 5mm. FreeDiveShop.com

I live in California, and use it for 53-60 degree F water, mostly hunting, but have also used it for line diving (only to 30~m).

Here's what I love about the suit:
  • Lycra exterior. Super stretchy, and really protects from tears on rocks.
  • Yamamoto rubber, with titanium lining. Extremely warm and comfortable!
  • Sealed at hands, face, and wrists. Look at the face seal, its much better than other suits.
  • The butt and entire beaver tail are reinforced material, including the 2 clips. This is usually a high stress point, where I see a lot of other suits rip.
  • The cut of the suit is extremely ergonomical- I dive for long hours at a time, and never have been uncomfortable.
I do take good care of my suit- I use a mixture of water and fragrance-free conditioner as a lubrication to get it on. I also wash it after every dive in fresh water, often with Hebiclens or an anti-bacterial soap, and let it dry out of the sun.

I can't say enough about the suit! Hope this helps!

Byron

PS- I've had it for about a year and a half, and its still in great condition after 50+ dives! This was from last Thursday, 5/5/11.

Attachments

• IMAG0092.jpg
    IMAG0092.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Reactions: Jonny250
That is a very good recommendation but, at that price for an off the peg suit I would not expect a bad report!

Hi Byron, thanks very much for the info. It does seem to be a very well put together suit! i've emailed the company for some more info too, so here's hoping...
Thanks again :)

Cracking fish in the picture there btw - is that you?

Thanks, Jonny, yes that's me, with our So Cal elusive fish- the White Seabass! Great tasting, and fun to hunt!

Good luck with your suit chasing, and in the end, its about what suit best fits you.

Dive safe-

Byron

I have a 3mm yazbeck-yamamoto titanium coating inside had it a couple years without any problems-very flexible, very sturdy

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT