• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Yet another monofin question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

steff

Mar 1, 2007
Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying my first monofin... (yeah, sorry... another of those threads). I have already read just about every thread I could find on Deeper blue about them :)

Funds are limited, so I was thinking about a Leaderfins Freediving Monofin 'advanced' in a soft or a medium stiffness. Not sure about which size to get.
LeaderFins.com

Can anyone give me some advice on this? Do you think this is an appropriate fin? I'm a newbie, and pretty little in all dimensions. Back and feet flexibility aren't a problem. I currently use Esclapez Green bifins. It'll mainly be for constant weight (not that I get very deep), but I dabble a bit in the pool (dabble is probably the operative word).

Thanks everyone!

steff

Hi Steff,

You want the softest one they make. I use soft (LD) for the pool and medium for the ocean, but given your size strength etc, you should ask for LD for both.....softer than LD for the pool if they can make it but if going for one fin for both get their standard LD.

regards

Thanks Andy. I was hoping you'd answer. Only one fin at the moment for me, I'm afraid.

Have you an opinion on what size I should get? (size of fin, not foot pocket size)

steff

Last edited:
Hi Steff,

Probably somewhere around 66-68 wide(James has 70wide). If you email them, they will ask for a lot of info about size, weight and experience and will recommend something to you.

hope that helps

Thanks again Andy,

I've done as you suggested. Hopefully I'll be the proud owner of a new monofin soon!

steff

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT