• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Yet another Paradisia nose-clip post.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Tahoe Diver

Dec 30, 2004
Hi all!

I ordered two Paradisia nose-clips from Gunnar Nordstrom at onebreath.nu on around 05/02/05 and I received them a few days ago. The package arrived without damage and I was happy with the delivery time, considering it was sent regular mail.

The total cost was $119 US (with shipping insurance and tracking). I have to admit I was a little surprised by the simplicity of the nose-clip's design. I guess I just expected something more beefy for $60. But then again, if you can't find these little things anywhere else, that's a reasonable cost, right? This is also why I decided to buy two. The tension on my nose is perfect and very comfortable. If I wanted to, I could make it tight enough to cause bleeding...

Gunnar was very easy to deal with and the actual payment was made through PayPal. I don't have a PayPal account, so they just processed my credit card.

Last I heard, Gunnar still has a few left, so I'd order them now, if you want to.

All told, I'm very happy with my purchase.

-Tahoe Diver

Reactions: subaquaticus
Tahoe Diver said:
Hi all!

I ordered two Paradisia nose-clips from Gunnar Nordstrom at onebreath.nu on around 05/02/05 and I received them a few days ago. The package arrived without damage and I was happy with the delivery time, considering it was sent regular mail.

The total cost was $119 US (with shipping insurance and tracking). I have to admit I was a little surprised by the simplicity of the nose-clip's design. I guess I just expected something more beefy for $60. But then again, if you can't find these little things anywhere else, that's a reasonable cost, right? This is also why I decided to buy two. The tension on my nose is perfect and very comfortable. If I wanted to, I could make it tight enough to cause bleeding...

Gunnar was very easy to deal with and the actual payment was made through PayPal. I don't have a PayPal account, so they just processed my credit card.

Last I heard, Gunnar still has a few left, so I'd order them now, if you want to.

All told, I'm very happy with my purchase.

-Tahoe Diver

Very interesting :) ... and now, what do you do with your astounding nose-clip (BTW what colour ?)

how deep do you dive ? do you use fluid goggles ? Which ones ?

Hi,

I bought a blue and a black one. No particular reason on the color.

I'm using them for dry static apnea so far. I'm heading to the lake this weekend to see how deep I can get with constant weight. I don't really have a freediving buddy but we'll be diving SCUBA first so they'll look out for me.

I really want to get into variable weight but they are no resources for that here. I've thought about just using a weight tied to a rope and maybe drop it off the back of a boat. But I haven't gottent that far yet.

I intend to also use the nose-clips in the pool for dynamic with and without fins, using goggles. I may also use them for swimming.

I have used both Speedo and Tyr swimming nose-clips previously. I think Tyr are the best but these are nothing compared to the Paradisia. I had thought about buying a nose-clip that was meant for kayaking but then I thought, why not just buy the only nose-clip meant for freediving/apnea.

They're a little spndy, but worth every cent.

-Tahoe Diver

Thanks for the link. I couldn't figure it out, but emailed Gunnar directly. He answered me in English, and chided me for my lack of language skills. :duh

Due to the ever plunging dollar my nose clip, shipped, was around $68. A lot of cash but I've wanted one for a long time and he actually seems to have them, unlike other places I tried to order them from.

I've tried the kayak nose clips before and they don't work for ear clearing.

If your going to scuba and freedive in the same day make sure that you do your freediving FIRST- so you don't get bent.

Have fun,

Jon

It's crazy that no one has ever copied the design of the Paradisia. I don't see a patent number on it. I'm thinking about lending one to an engineering student at our local university to see what he can come up with. For there to be a product like this, for a sport with good apeal, and no other direct competition, is crazy.

Thanks for the reminder about the bends. I'll remember to freedive first. Since I started freediving, I actually want to SCUBA dive less and less. We're going to Greece next month and I haven't even thought about bringing my SCUBA stuff, just my long fins, etc.

-Tahoe Diver

Tahoe Diver said:
I'm heading to the lake this weekend to see how deep I can get with constant weight. I don't really have a freediving buddy but we'll be diving SCUBA first so they'll look out for me.
There are not enough details in your post to put my assumptions at ease, so I'll assume you are doing the worst, if not feel yourself relieved of this lecture:

(edited out the freediving after scuba part since I see you are aware of that)

Scuba divers alone cannot do safety. The most obvious mortal danger in freediving is shallow water blackout, it's called that way because it usually happens on the last meters of the ascent - it can even happen AFTER you surfaced AND took a breath (seen it happening). A scuba diver watching you from beneath will have hard time telling if you blacked out or just floating there catching your braeth and even if he did he needs to surface inorder to give you help (assuming he even knows how). Scuba regulations say you should ascend at a pace of 10-12 meters per MINUTE if I remember correct (12 - PADI, 10 - CMAS), so either he'll have to take his time ascending while you're gathering brain damage or that you're puting him at risk as well. NIICE. :ban

Either realise that you're diving solo and act accordingly (dive solo or not is your choise) or get some valid safety, only scuba cover sounds to me like a dangerous illusion.

I was going to create a metal copy of the paradisia which was more compact, to fill the void in the market for this product. However, it will have to wait until the F1 is done...

Thanks for the info DeepThought,

I won't say that I know all about SWB because it's never happened to me but I have read about it a bit. At this point, I'm the only freediver I know in my area so most of the time I dive solo. Well, actually, since SCUBA divers wouldn't be classified as freediving buddies, I always dive solo.

So far I'm playing it a little loose but I'm trying to be as safe as possible.

Point taken though. And thanks again!

-Tahoe Diver

Hello Tahoe Diver. My name is Luis I am writting you from Mexico, I would like to a ask you the favor of helping me buying a Paradisia nose clip. Maybe you can tell me how you did it, because I entered nebreath.nu, but I have find it almost impossible mostly because of the swedish. I have an address in the US.

Thank you

Luis Turrent
AIDA MEXICO VICEPRESIDENT
luisturrentr@hotmail.com

efattah said:
I was going to create a metal copy of the paradisia which was more compact, to fill the void in the market for this product. However, it will have to wait until the F1 is done...
Hi Eric ! At Calanques' cup I met with Christina Schon, a German new bie who does approx. 6' in static...

Her profession is : goldsmith and she showed me the nose-clip she had made for herself...

pretty impressed was I...

You don't know swedish!?!?!? What the heck's wrong with you?!?!?!

Just kidding. I ordered one last year via the following english speaking method.

I went to the web page http://onebreath.nu
I clicked on Apnea Products which wasn't there last year I don't think
I found the Heading near the top that said "Order"
I realized I was totally screwed since I don't know swedish
I hit the back shortcut
I clicked the heading labeled Kontakt (Now I don't know much about swedish, but that word spoke to me on a phoenetic level)
I sent that guy some email

THANK GOD HE DIDN"T WRITE HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IN SWEDISH!?!?!?

That's a great idea. I don't know if it is a copyright issue, but someone could churn these out for dirt cheap with the proper manufacturing connections.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT