• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Yoga for freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Are you doing pranayama or chi gong for freediving?

• Yes

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • 2-3 times a week

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Nearly every day

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
WHAT DID YOU SAY ?

Yes, I do yogurt for freediving.

I prefer Dannon, vanilla.

I did a bit of pranayama that I found on the Internet. Is there a good resource: book or otherwise anyone knows of with a freediving slant.

Pranayama: The Yoga of Breathing
by Andre Van Lysebeth

good book for beginner but no freediving slant

Maybe the sland is not so necessary as every thing I do seems to get a feediving sland anyway. Trying hard not to be a freediving bore.

Found the book at Amazon...$104. Is it that good. There were two reveiws both 5*. One by a freediver. Looks good. Thanks.

Easy, try one of the best:

Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha (Swami Satyananda Saraswati).

You can find it here:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/8186336141/qid=/sr=/ref=cm_lm_asin/103-0164023-1335873?v=glance"]Amazon.com: Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha/2008 Fourth Revised Edition (9788186336144): Swami Satyananda Saraswati: Books[/ame]

Gerard.

Yes, I'm doing yoga twice a week, basically asanas an pranayama.
Yoga has taught to me relax, and this is the key on statics and so on.
Andre Van Lysebeth is a very good book to learn Pranayama.

See you in the Blue,

Bluehugh

I only do it during surface intervals between dives - seem to be a nice way of preping for my next dive. relaxing.

good thread

Yes, a couple times a week. Tai-Chi and Pranayama.

I would recommend to learn pranayama from an experienced Yoga teacher. According to a couple Yoga teachers I studied with, advanced pranayama techniques should be coupled with appropriate diet and a matching life style. Waking up "Kundalini" inside a body that is not ready for it, is tantamount to plugging in a 12V light bulb in to 220V electrical socket. ....

Taiji/Pranayam

Interesting - me too. Not so much with the asanas anymore - got bored - but I am very very flexible. Good to have a teacher for pranayam - very few understand it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…