• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

(you) Hold, Dive, Shoot: Vol.2 - your cyber training for spearfishing.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Mufazalov

Dec 25, 2010
Hi guys, you might have come across the first episode here on the forums, but this one takes you deeper.

The concept is simple, you follow my instructions and I take you down to 39m with me. 39m doesn't turn you on? Fair enough, what about an 18kg (40lbs) AJ shot @39m?

Much better, right? :)

Enjoy in HD and honestly, join me by holding your breath when asked to (instructions in the vid.)

I congratulate your ability to dive deep. The level you have achieved is admirable but our sport is bigger than athletes such as your self.
I limit myself to 20 meters for the simple fact that I want to go home to my family. The fascination with depth my be the apex of our sport but your value to the spearing community and access to the sea lies in attracting new participants. The beauty of the sea is the attraction of an alternate world for which we all crave. So I say to you, extend your ability for your own gratification but please encourage all to participate in our sport no matter their ability or need.

Reactions: Mufazalov
The beauty of the sea is the attraction of an alternate world for which we all crave. So I say to you, extend your ability for your own gratification but please encourage all to participate in our sport no matter their ability or need.

Hi Andrew! Thanks for the message!
I am not sure I fully understand what you meant tho :)

20 meters is a solid depth, well done! But I see no connection between the depth and you coming home safe... If there is a partner, try 30, 40, 50, 60! I bet the fish from 60 tastes much better than the fish from 20 :)

I would love people to join the sport and get better! This technically was the point of those videos :)
Sit at home, watch the video, try it yourself and improve!
And voila, we kiiiiind of just went to 40 meters together :)

his point maybe is: your video might give a rookie spearo the impression, that he can dive to 40m if he can hold his breath for the time displayed in your video. Next time he tries and never comes back up again.
Personally i think, everyone is responsible for his own safety.
I enjoyed your video :)

Reactions: Andrew Fogarty
Hi Mu, I understand your desire for depth, I have been their to and way beyond. I have just come to a place where its more important for me to go home. I know you understand the go with PO2 so why say depth dose not matter, It DOSE and we al know it so be -------.

Great video. I like interactive videos like this. We all know it's a dangerous sport, and we need to safely push our boundaries. This should be a given but every single comment thread there is always a negative spin by someone who thinks that the post or video is condoning dangerous practice. It was an interactive video. Not a "if-you-can-watch-this-video" you are a automatically a spearo. Give the guy props excellent video. Amazing skills. Keep it up and dive safely, with a buddy, push those limits.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT