• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Young Freedivers

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

MANTA99

Jan 27, 2003
I'm hoping this thread will catch on as a spot for Freedivers in the 10-20 age bracket to let each other know what they are getting up to and maybe help each other understand what some of the more experienced guys are talking about.
I think everyone starting out should download the Glossary here http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=216035#post216035 it should help you understand some of the terms a bit better.

The best way to learn about this sport is definately with someone who knows what they are doing and have plenty of experience although not everyone has access to a perosn like that and so we come to places like this learn what we can. I hope these forums help at least a little, I know they have already helped me over the very sort time I have been a member here.

So I'll do my part by telling you what I am getting up to.
I'm 18
I havn't actually made a dive in around a year, I'm just getting back into it by starting to do some very basic apnea exersises on dry land like static wet and dry holds, packing, apnea walking, etc.
My PB hold was a year ago: static, wet lungs and on dry land I held it for 5min.
Since I havn't had a dive or trained in a year my PB has dropped to 3 min which is a little frustrating to say the least.
My PB hold for a dry lung static on dry land is 45 seconds.
I'm sure these will increase when I get my head around the psychology a bit more again, but right now I really want to listen to that urge to breath well before I know I will really have to take a breath.

I'm hoping and looking forward to hearing from other young Freediver really soon.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT