• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Youth Duck Hunt Invitation

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

the_duckinator

May 22, 2008
Hey guys. If any of you know any 12-16 years olds that are hunters, or interested in hunting I'd like to extend an invitation.

A family friend owns some nice marsh property in Harrisville and has put up wooden blinds all around it. Every year for the weekend of the youth duck hunt (usually the 3rd weekend in September) he opens this land up to any kids between 12 and 16 to hunt. The adults always outnumber the kids, and safety is the number one lesson. No adults are allowed to carry guns, even for geese and doves. Every blind has one or more supervising adults calling the shots and pointing out shooting lanes.

This is a family oriented hunt, and we camp out all weekend and everyone has a great time. His marsh is filled with wild rice, which attracts many wood ducks and teal. Everyone goes through between one and three boxes of shells over the weekend. This will be my seventh year going up (helping out has been more fun than the years when I could shoot) and I've only seen one kid go home without a duck---ME rofl. I've learned a lot since my first trip duck hunting!

Three years ago the youth hunt was taped and aired on Gander Mountain's TV show We Live Outdoors. From what I've heard, there's a decent chance of the hunt being taped again this year! Additionally, the WDNR is getting involved, and may send a game warden to come hang out with the kids and teach them a thing or two.

This is a GREAT opportunity to introduce a youngster to hunting. Every kid walks away with a smile on their face.

If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me or email me at aplonsky@hotmail.com to talk about it. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures on this forum, I'll put some up.

Adam

Reactions: Mr. X
That is a bummer. There is a law regarding birthdays within a certain time period that might let you hunt. I'll look into it for you.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT