• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Advice

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dr_phil

Jul 23, 2014
Ok so I have been reading a lot on hear lately and want to thank everyone for all the information they put up it helps out more people them you know, but here is my question I am looking to stay freediving at my lake house. It will be a max of about ten meters right now and my brother and I reciever two masks a few years back. They do not cover our noses though so I am wondering if I can use a nose clamp to get the same effect for now. We are both on a tight budget and with us leaving for school soon I wanted to get some water time asap.

And if it matters at all the lake had only about 6 feet of visibility and my best dry static is 2.13 which from what I understand will be long enough for 10 meters.

You should not use such a mask for deep diving as it does not allow for mask equalization. This will cause a mask squeeze which can permanently damage your eyes. You should be fine with your static time to get to 10 meters granted that the equalization works. 2 meters visibility is not exactly much however and that will make it difficult to safety properly.
As your very basic questions show the best idea would be to take a course where you could learn to freedive safely and where all your questions will be answered.

Thanks I'm in the process of finding a course I'll look into getting a different mask maybe with my birthday coming up. On the topic of classes does anyone know of any in the Midwest I live in Ohio or maybe in Maryland or new jersey I go to school out that way.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT