• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Apnea walks! Do they work? Am I doing right?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Omartinez17

Oct 15, 2023
Hello!

I started free diving two weeks ago and will be out of water for around 2 weeks before going back to the coast.

At the moment I plan to get my Aida 4. Currently I started practicing apena walks to make sure I can get those 32m easy. I structured this walk to simulate a dive (over exaggerating the times, cause I think it won’t translate directly to real diving)

I am doing (on a single breath):
- 20 second “high knee” run on same place (to simulate I burn more oxygen going the first meters)
- 20 second normal walking
- 30 second standing still (free fall)
- 20 second “high knee” run (simulating going back up)
- 20 second walk
- finish

Total: 1:50 min

I do a couple of repetition of this. At the moment I can do consistently 1:30 versions of this but today was able to finish the whole 1:50 as written above. Was pretty tough but would like to know if getting more consistent and confident with it will help me get closer to my goal. Or if there are recommendations.

I am practicing apnea walks cause I am good at static (4:08) and doing distance, dynamic 80m, however my dive times this first weeks were never longer than a minute. I think I consume to much o2 or something. For me is way easier holding breath still than moving.

My actual PB is 25m, but was a bit tough. Plan is to get more confortable doing apnea while moving and when going back get more confortable at depth.

Any other exercises or feedback, would be appreciated!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT