• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cornwall 2014

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
what detail? accidental death through misadventure... pretty sad.

About whether there was anything else involved like gill nets, props form speedboats - impact from jetskis or yacht keel marks....amongst a few. I hate even kayak fishing that area due to the issues - mates kayak got hit by a yachty who had n't a clue.

Anyone dove Newquay way in the last day or two? I was planning on heading down for a few days but wondered how the weather was affecting vis. Any help appreciated!

Not been in but not looking very hospitable due to wind and swell. Sorry.

FYI I found some spearfishing gear on the sea bed in Cornwall this summer, including a spearo weight vest:
chaleco_plomo_camo_m.jpg

If it is yours & you want it back, see this thread for further details: Objects found while freediving ;)

Hi all I am new here, looking to find some buddies to do some free diving with. Just completed my 2 star AIDA course, I am Redruth based. Hope this is the right section? cheers

Went spearing on Monday and caught 2 fishes. Here is the bigger of the two.
Viz was good. It was warm in the water but cold in the air and freezing on the ground. Water was literally steaming!
Anyone else been in?

Attachments

• Image0453.jpg
    Image0453.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 200
Reactions: Mr. X and denian
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT