• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dubai spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kyriakos30

Apr 9, 2013
Hi,

I will soon be relocated as part of my job to dubai and i have been looking into getting back into my spearfishing, below are my questions:

1. I need to get new equipment what shops are there? My brands are cressi, riffe and omer
2. What are the laws and regulations around shore spearfishing? Do i need a license?
3. Is there anyone looking for a spearfishing buddy? I havent speared in 1.5 years but i could dive 20-22m
4. How is it looking in terms of fish these days...is spearfishing worth it?

Thanks in advance!

i will be there in June 15-22 2013 and will be keen to dive
not sure of the laws there.

there are charters but they are expensive
:wave

here in dubai, gears are very expensive.
they have different type products but price is too high. By metro get off at business centre and take a taxi and just say ''times square centre, cost 14 AED :D
Times Square Center, Dubai
i bought some gears from italy 6 months ago it was increadablly cheap but all sleeping at home not in dubai :ycard
you can also order from australia via internet. the price is also so cheap.
it takes 3-4 days via air way, check google.
anyway, i cancelled to buy and to dive gear from dubai , it is soo expensive for me, next time, i will bring my gears from my home or i ll cath fishes by hand :D
good luck!

advanture hq, only sells beuchat and australian gears
if you wanna get cressi you have to go to al hamur marine co,
Bus no:8
Metre: No
campany:
AL HAMUR MARINE & SPORTS EQUIPMENT ESTABLISHMENT
Po Box 11481
Dubai
United Arab EmiratesTelephone: +971(4)3444468
Facsimile: +971(4)3446347
In here:
there is cressi comanche, 60, 75
there is cressi gerenimo 90, 100,
they only selling cressi

good luck!

if you pass from cyprus airport, you can easly pass from dubai airport
(many spearo bring gears from home)
last week i have seen a person near to the ocean cost, with140cm gun,
i had talked this issue with him. he said i brought from home, he was british,

Last edited:
remember that cyprus surrounded by sea, dubai is surrounded by ocean.
so different...
i mean there is no sea in dubai, there is ocean in dubai, ocean rules are very different than sea rules. keep in mind.
suddenly you face to face a strong current or a big fish :D
once i was snorkelling i had seen a huge baracuda on my left side (1 meters away), aprox 15 kgs,
it is really dangerous fish, it attack any shining object, it attack suddenly,
and also there is a very small fish called arabian surgean fish. if you touch you can get paralized, like stinger sting. :D :D
Photo of arabian surgıon fish:
http://www.elite-diving.com/photos/uploaded_images/Arabian-Surgeonfish-706801.jpg
Good luck!

Last edited:
Thank you my friend, i will bear this in mind. On the barracuda, i wish if i see one i will have my speargun ready :D

How much 75 cm rob Allen vecta alamlnium gear in SA?
Or 82 cm...

Last edited:
check that link out to adventure HQ .via times square Dubai .most impressive shop .how many shops in UK have climbing wall .wire climb thing .walkin cold zone 4x4s jet skis in shop etc .only in Dubai!

Did you arrive? I just moved here 6 months ago and want to get into the sport. I know of a spot in dubai that I've been diving a couple times, but always by myself. It has a ton of fish. I've seen some good size king fish as well as some smaller Sherry fish. Hit me up if you want to go diving. I haven't bought a spear gun yet, but I'm ready. I've attached a photo of the spot. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367319897.518135.jpg

Super Ultra Noob

I leave June 1st to photograph 5 weddings in the US. I'll be back in August. I don't have a boat, just shore.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT