• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

February - Freeze-A-Palooza Feb 17 & 18, 2007 - Wisconsin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Will you be attending the "Freeze-A-Palooza 2007"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinggene

WisconsinFreshwaterSpearo
Aug 9, 2006
When: Feb 17 & 18, 2007 (Time: Scuba @ 9:00 AM, Freedive @ 11:00)

Where: Lake Nagawika

Directions: Same lake as last year. We are diving out of the beach house on Lake Nagawicka. Go west, from Milwaukee, on 94 and turn north on highway 83. Turn off by the Lake Nagawicka Yacht Club sign and follow that road to the bottom of the hill. You'll see the beach house, cars and divers all gathered right there.

Hosted by: Jon

What should I bring: Any & all freediving gear you have.
Dish to pass.

What can I expect to do/learn: Ice dive (if we have ice), or
freedive/spearfish with others.

Hope to see everyone there.

PLEASE FILL OUT THE POLL SO WE KNOW WHO WILL BE COMING!!!!!

If more than just you will be coming, let us know in the thread.

Thanks,

Gene

Last edited:
Re: February - Freeze-A-Palooza 2007 - Wisconsin

A 5mm wetsuit will be fine and I have all the ropes, harnesses, chainsaws and other things that we need. It would be great if others would bring their cameras so I could get some pictures of myself for a change.

Anyone who is planning should send me a PM so I have a head count. A dish to pass, especially desserts!, are always wlecome.

Scuba divers will hit the water around 9 am so freedivers sgould expect to hit the water around 11 or so- I'll let the scuba students do the grunt work and cut our holes for us. ;)

Jon

All right Jon, time for Your pictures. I have Panasonic Lumix (nice camera, just like Leica) with housing, no lights dough. I will take it with me. I also have Hi-def video with housing and lights that I use for scuba but it may be too bulky for freedives, unless we just attach it at the bottom and let it record for an hour so we have some footage and I could edit something out of it.
Maybe there will be two more guys from Chicago coming with me, they don't like cold water but I am working on it (hypnosis:t ) They are scuba divers, could they try out some drysuit?

If they want to do the ice class, or drysit class, they need to call my father-in-law, Jerry Guyer, as he is handeling th scuba end of things. There would be a charge for the scuba end of things, and they would need to pre register to make sure there are enough suits to go around. His number is (414) 588-6764.

Freediving is no charge as that is my end of things and it keeps me from having to teach ice (scuba)diving or drysuit classes- I've done enough of that.:mad:

Here's some shots from years past:

Jon

Last edited:

Please fill out the Poll so we know who will be coming.

Jon, if you click on the number on the poll (of who is coming), you will know who is attending. I made it so everyone can view this.

If more are coming with you, please post this in your threads.

Gene

Last edited:

Looking Forward To Freeze A Pooloza I Will Be Off Work That Weekend Tough To Get Weekends Off. This Will Motivate Me To Kick Up The Training. Thanks For The Much Needed Advanced Notice.
Rob

New date!

February 17+18- so as not to conflict with "Our World Underwater".

Jon

Sorry To Hear The Date Has Changed Strike Me From The List Thanks For The Early Post

wow....saltfree have a meet that weekend too... luckily we don't need chainsaws

(excuse me spying on your forum, always interesting to see what the other madmen are up to!)

S

Sam,

Give us 10 years and we might be up to your level of organization. ;)

Rob, sorry you can't make it this time. The whole change in weekends, for the first time in over 24 years!, is as a result of the change in weekends for our world underwater- in Chicago.

Jon

Jon Are World Underwater Sounds Like Great Stuff. I Dont Know A Damn Thing About Perhaps I Will Google It And See What I Can Find Out. Thanks Rob

Jon Looks Like A Huge Dive Expo Whats The Best Part Of It I Know It Can Not Be The Drive To The Rosemount.

Jon,

is it going to be at the same place we had it last year?

Anyway, even if it is.. can you post directions, I don't think I remember how to get there :)

Same lake as last year. We are diving out of the beach house on Lake Nagawicka. Go west, from Milwaukee, on 94 and turn north on highway 83. Turn off by the Lake Nagawicka Yacht Club sign and follow that road to the bottom of the hill. You'll see the beach house, cars and divers all gathered right there.

Jon

All,

Getting close to the Last Call for the ice dive---

Try to make it if you can! Pass the word around...

Gene

I'll be there close to 9am.

I think that we will cut our own, super sized, hole seperate from the scuba divers. In the past we would just jump in and use their holes after they were done, but it looks like a bigger group this year and it would be nice to have our own area with plenty of space for surface breath-ups.

It also sounds like we'l have plenty of cameras there. If you don't have a camera, but still want to shoot some photos, bring along a some 35mm film and I'll have a couple of old sea&sea's I can lend out.

If anyone wanted to get really fancy on Sunday we could get a couple of hockey sticks and a soccer ball to do a little underwater hockey. ;) This is only if we get 6-8 guys to share the work of cutting the extra holes we'll need.

Besides dive gear I would also bring warm clothes and some waterproof boots for standing out on the ice- there's a bit more manual work to do in this kind of diving compared to diving down south.

Jon

Hi Khel!

Are You gonna bring Your cat? I really like it.:)
"Very nice, how much?":t

Jon!

I never played UW hockey (or non-UW) but would like to try!

I will bring video housing and would like to make some video that's hopefully a little funny so I need some acting skills from You guys as I have couple ideas. You can all think of something funny too so we have something to work on, not just "follow the action". Again, Khel, we could use Your cat...

Safe travels and safe diving to all who are lucky to be going to Freeze-A-Palooza this weekend!!!!!!! Post pics when you get back!

Cheers!:friday

I hope that all are attending the Freez-a-Palooza have safe travels as well, sorry I could't make it :( oh well hopefully next time! Be safe and have fun!:)

Reactions: maytag
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT