• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving in Zakynthos and help with static?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Danny B

Mar 22, 2014
Hi all!
Was wondering if anyone had been Freediving in Zakynthos/Zante? I'm heading out on May 1st for my first real freediving holiday and was wondering if anyone knew of a good reputable guide (Preferably eco friendly as a lot of companies seem to be screwing up the turtles). I'm a little worried about black outs and although my wife is quite proficient and is my dive buddy, and we've practice black out rescue in the pool, her freedive ability is a little limited so was thinking of going with a reputable guide!

On another note, I've only been training for 3 weeks, and yesterday I did my first DNF no weight 50 meters in the pool! Very happy today :)

Danny

Oh, and the help with static bit! I'm really struggling to get any decent times with static, I actually find it harder than dynamic ......is it psychological?

Have a buddy coach you further through the contractions and make sure you don't train while stressed - especially in the beginning when it's important to play, learn and enjoy yourself.

Thanks jschultz, I figured it was psychological, I know that clock is ticking and find it hard to concentrate elsewhere where as with dynamic, I have more of a visual aim, although yesterday while doing dynamic, I came up with a tactic that allowed me to push further than before. As I'm self taught, I have no idea how often this tactic is used, but I visited 'A happy time' in my head and relived it during my attempt, that seemed to help an awful lot......but I need to work on my static! Thanks for the tips, I'll put them to use!

A freediver ex-champion on an interview said: "when i am focusing for static apnea i dream about my wife's butt-cheeks."

Happy place for him obviously. :p

Reactions: vali and Azrael3000
Well, wouldn't that take away at least some part of the blood you need (as it carries oxygen)? :p

Reactions: vali
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT