• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Glühwein Jam! Dec, 8th - 9th, Konstanz, Germany

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sanso

Maker of Educators
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Hey everyone!

To start off this/our extremely cool Bodensee Subforum, I say:

All come to the Glühwein Jam!

We'll be diving here on the second weekend of December: 2007-12-08 - 2007-12-09.
Location will be the 90m dropoff at Wallhausen (See the google map).

It will be the Glühwein Jam, because it's the season after all. We will be heating up and getting our core temperature back up by visiting the local Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas-market), where the traditional thing is to have Glühwein, that is hot, spiced wine. A real treat after any cold day, and an extra special treat after a day of cold water diving, I imagine! :friday

If You want to arrive early, just let me know beforehand, so I can clean up the place for You - the same goes if You want to extend Your stay and hang out here for a bit before heading back home. :)

As before, accomodation is free. I can host up to 6 people in their own beds, plus many more if they bring matress and sleeping bag.

This one was originally planned a bit smaller, but - heck - it might as well become big, :D

So far it looks like the following DBistes will be there:

Waterenthusiast
M@trox (possibly)
rbsub + wifey :)
jaybocca
sanso

Last edited:
When does the lake ice over?

It was blast last time, my travel plans are still up in the air :(

When does the lake ice over? ...
Hardly ever. For all I know there is no recorded incidence of the whole lake being covered with ice. (Seegfrörni - Wikipedia) :t - It hardly ever gets that cold here.
The last time one could walk over to Switzerland was 1963.

Last edited:
Wow I never knew that.

Here our lakes freeze over so much that you can drive a truck on the ice.

Re: Glühwein Jam! Dec, 8th - 9th, Konstanz, Germany - Vorglühen

A first testrun. :D

Hey folks, here's what it could be like. - This weekend, Katja K., Olivier H., Andreas F. and Waterenthusiast came over for a taste of this winter's diving. Fun stuff!

Saturday was a glorious day, greeting us with blue skies and a bright sun, but it was one of those crisp, clear, cold days. After a hearty breakfast to provide for some heat, we headed out towards Wallhausen, got changed there on the beach and got into the water, which was down to 7°C. :t visibility was 8+m and the lake was flat as if it had been ironed down. Wonderful conditions for a short set of dives for each of us. :inlove

When we got out of our suits, we had been in for about 45 minutes, but there were smiles all over. A good day of diving for all of us. :D

A couple of helpings of wintery soup later, we headed out to the local sauna - haaaahhh...... - a glorious way to defrost the bones.. :inlove

Today - sunny, crispy, cold again - we decided to skip the changing on the beach and got into the suits here in the flat, then drove there and walked right into the lake. What fun! Four (Andreas had left saturday) divers in suits driving, and then walking, through town. rofl And that idea was the best thing ever! We were so much more comfy. Again some seriously good diving in those conditions and after the dive we just dried the suits off a bit, got in the car and got out of the suits at home under a hot shower.

A great weekend! Looking forward to seeing more of You people here!

EDIT: some pictures here

Attachments

• P1030646.JPG
    P1030646.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 314
  • P1030672.JPG
    P1030672.JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 319
  • P1030669.JPG
    P1030669.JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 332
  • P1030670.JPG
    P1030670.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 320
  • P1030659.JPG
    P1030659.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
It seems that you had a perfect weekend. It was such a pity that I couldn't joined you.

Can't wait until the Gluehwein-Jam.:)

So, nun habt ihr es soweit gebracht... My first post on DB! :)
Das Wochenende bei Richard am Bodensee war SUPER!!! :) Ich freue mich schon auf den Glühwein-Jam.
Katja
Ach ja - Ist es ok hier deutsch zu schreiben???

So, nun habt ihr es soweit gebracht... My first post on DB! :)
Das Wochenende bei Richard am Bodensee war SUPER!!! :) Ich freue mich schon auf den Glühwein-Jam.
Katja
Ach ja - Ist es ok hier deutsch zu schreiben???

Yay, welcome to DB, Katja!! :wave

Normalerweise wird hier englisch geschrieben, damit alle was davon haben. :)

Just to keep bugging You: Why don't You introduce Yourself in a couple of sentences in the Introductions and greets section? :t

Yay! :friday

Welcome Katja,

it's nice to meets you here in DeeperBlue, too. Hope to see you at the Gluehwein-Jam.

Katja, Ich glaube zumindest hier in unserem Bodensee Teil kann man getrost Deutsch schreiben, ich hab' mal geschaut, es wird schon immer wieder mal in Fremdsprachen gepostet. :)

Katja, Ich glaube zumindest hier in unserem Bodensee Teil kann man getrost Deutsch schreiben, ich hab' mal geschaut, es wird schon immer wieder mal in Fremdsprachen gepostet. :)

Ich bin auch dafür, dass wir uns hier in diesem Unterforum, wo es ja nur um Bodensee, Termine usw. und nichts anderes geht, auf Deutsch unterhalten.

Wenn dann einer eine allgemeine Frage zum Freitauchen hat, kann er es ja auf Englisch in den entsprechenden Unterforen schreiben.

In diesem Sinne:
Katja, nochmals herzlich willkommen hier im Forum. Und die ganzen anderen aus den Stuttgarter-Raum dürfen sich jetzt auch trauen:t

Na, hab ichs mir doch gedacht, dass am Bodensee deutsch gesprochen wird! ;) Woanders schreibe ich natürlich auf DB-Muttersprache! :)
Das WE war soooo toll, dass ich mich jetzt schon jeden Tag auf den Glühwein-Jam freuen kann. Liebe Gruß und einen schönen Tag, Katja

Hey everyone,

could You all give me a last short post on when and how many of You will be coming?

Thanks. :)

I will not be coming :(

I will miss out on cold diving, and the chance to use my mono to try and go deep.

Will be in NY that weekend and then in California after that.

Viel Spaß!!

If it's possible i would prefer arriving on friday evening, but it depends on finding a "Mitfahrgelegenheit", or if by any chance someone is driving through Freiburg on the way to Konstanz and could pick me up.

Christophe

Christophe,

You know You're welcome here anytime, right? :D See You on friday then!

Allo Allo!!

Hi Sanso, I'm sorry but it's just a bit too far for me to get there.
Dear Katja, nice to see your appearance on DB! I hope to see you soon in Berlin in Februarie's competition. Best whishes to you and your dear husband!

-What thickness suit did you use?

Love, Courage and Water!

Kars

Es sieht so aus das ich mit dem Auto runterfahr. Somit hätten wir vielleicht ein Transportproblem weniger, oder?

Christophe

Es sieht so aus das ich mit dem Auto runterfahr. Somit hätten wir vielleicht ein Transportproblem weniger, oder? ...
Perfekt!! Damit können Katja, Judith und ihre Männer mit dem Volvo fahren und das Parkplatzproblem wird noch kleiner. :)

Any requests for Friday night's dinner? :p - Apart from carbs, that is. :t

Kars, sorry You can't make it, but rest assured, there will be more Jams coming. :D - Next time maybe You can carpool with, say, Jorg or so. Or whoever, really. ;)

Three of us have 5/6mm elios suits (6 torso and head, 5 for arms and pants), Christophe has a 5mm, IIRC, Oli I don't remember..

BTW: Andreas' joining us is in jeopardy, as he might not have time or only time to come over, dive and leave ASAP. :( But hope dies last - I think he'll make it at least for a dip :)

Wichtige Information: Ich kann doch nicht kommen. Leider ist mir was dazwischen gekommen. Tut mir leid. Ich hoffe, Ihr habt jetzt kein Autoproblem und wünsch euch viel Spaß.

Christophe

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT