• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Guernsey 2012

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
What are conditions like down on the islands then ?foxfish have you beeen in lately its a cool 10 0 c up here in the sea this morning in north wales think air temps even lower not a fish in sight is it time to rest up ?

Its up now Jonny if your board i will put link up when i get home "Llyn 17 november 12" on youtube i cant watch it ive only got phone !not a good int conection just for condition reference really.

Have you been watching any of the Guernsey TV programs that are on every Friday - Island hospital on 103 8pm & Island parish 830 102 ?

Hello there. I am new to this topic so i'd like to say hi to everyone.
I live in Poole and recently I have been thinking of going to guernsey for a weekend for spearfishing (there is a good offer on the ferry and it is very temptating to se something new). I wonder how have the weather condition been lately... It's been windy, and rainy (floods are pouring mud into the sea) around poole... Is it similar there? Or maby the vis is better... And how about the fish activity??? I would be grateful for any advice.
Cheers

Good video promo:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIgJ5gHO2YA]Sea Fresh - YouTube[/ame]

Here is another Saint Squirrel vid ....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80V1nfMS4gg&feature=related]Seafresh Guernsey - How To Fillet A Fish In 17 Seconds - YouTube[/ame]

I am out of the island for a few days but, don't forget this coming Thursday evening.. The Old Quarter Street Party... Starts at 5.00pm till 8.00p.m. Over forty stalls will be participating together with many of the shops... There is a shuttle bus from the town car parks to Trinity Square... Come and see Sarah and I in her office, where we will be dressed in Victorian costume, selling mulled cider and mince pies with all proceeds going to The GSPCA....
We will be selling Christmas wreaths too, I have made a basic cross design for this year... £4.00. each.
Come and get festive!!

Be careful where you spearfish!

[ame="http://youtu.be/C8V97_DKfhw"]Orcas chasing diver & dog (Matheson Bay) - YouTube[/ame]

As we had a nice day today, we took the boat over to Sark for Sunday lunch. The sea was flat calm and around Harvre Gosselin, the water was crystal clear, wished that I had my gear with me, would have jumped in.

Nice to know you are making the most of your new boat & nice weather Andy, jusy dont take any scallops or shoot fish around Sark!!

Have to grab the opportunities when you can at this time of year. As an extra bonus, the waitress at Nicole's added a few degrees to the temperature.

If I had brought my snorkelling gear, the conditions would have been perfect for a drift through Gulliot Caves. Something that everyone should do at least once in their lives.

here's the pictures as promised

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354546702955.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354546702955.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 163
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354546724432.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354546724432.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 171
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT