• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hip or chest load

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hahaha I try to tell myself that I'm mega strong but really it's technique lol

He hasn't had a chance to christen it yet, but he is really happy with it. He says it's his Tina killer for this year.

chest loading uses more powerful muscles. if you think about it hip loading you use your arms solely, chest loading your using your back, shoulders, lads and biceps. its much easier and faster as long as you have the technique. Im 15 with shortish arms and i can load a 20mm on a 100cm seac sub x-fire and my mates 115 something (they have very painful shitty loading stocks.) its all about technique. your first problem is with articulated wishbones. you must not hold the metal use your thumbs on the plastic part of the bridle and push inwards. here i found a video, its very detailed. hope this helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Scoobaru
chest loading uses more powerful muscles. if you think about it hip loading you use your arms solely, chest loading your using your back, shoulders, lads and biceps. its much easier and faster as long as you have the technique. Im 15 with shortish arms and i can load a 20mm on a 100cm seac sub x-fire and my mates 115 something (they have very painful shitty loading stocks.) its all about technique. your first problem is with articulated wishbones. you must not hold the metal use your thumbs on the plastic part of the bridle and push inwards. here i found a video, its very detailed. hope this helps :) how to chest load spearguns.mov - YouTube

Good instructional video. Have some rep

thanks haha i made that especially for this thread. im gonna be doing some spearing vids when i get a camera organised, some reviews on some spearguns as well as some mainenance tutorials and general stuff

Chest loading is quite simple, it needs correct technique especially when working with longer guns, 110-160 cm. When getting used to it, loading a 1m gun is like loading a 1,5m gun. I have had my Omer Cayman ET 105 then moved to a RA 110 and a RA 150 and the first time I held the 150, I said there is no way in hell am I gonna load that. However, using the simple chest loading technique I did it with quite ease :)

It just takes time and practice mate. If m right I can chest load the exact gun you are saying about as I think you sold it to my brother through here : )

I'm kinda new to Spearfishing and started straight out with a 120cm Rob Allen Carbon Fibre Railgun, with a 20mm single rubber.

I can only chest load and loaded the gun in-water on my first try straight to the second notch, no worries, but it kinda hurts after a six hour day [emoji2]

Might need a concrete pull to harden the .... ..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT