• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

North East Yorkshire

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

chrisp7

May 30, 2014
Visibility super clear at runswick bay today went at high tide spent the majority of time over the covered rocks on the left of the bay loads of crabs proper well worth the trip out

Reactions: markw
Anyone know what the viz is like off the north east coast at the moment (like Runswick or otherwise) as I quite fancy going in on Monday 1st Sep for a dive.

it will be good as the swell report is flat calm for the north east till wednesday next week :)

Reactions: markw
Good call Charlie. There's no vis, or very much really, locally so 7-9 m @ Runswick made the 4 and a bit hour drive seem worth it. Just home now - what a day.
We had an epic swim out to the offshore reef and as always the lobster holes were occupied. Lots of lobster had eggs and I guess between the two of us we must have caught around 50 and almost half were returned as berried or breeding females.
Apologies Yeti - couldn't wait til you got back but the good news is we only did the first reef and neve
uploadfromtaptalk1409416013058.jpg
r went to the outer two. Twas a bit windy to go out much further 'safely' without the yak or boat.
Next week maybe? The bar is now set at 26 day caught [emoji12]

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I was of the understanding that the NEIFCA limit was 2 lobsters in any 24hr period around the north east

Correct indeed. The NEIFCA jurisdiction applies from around the Humber to just over the Tyne up to the 6 mile limit. Fortunately these lobster weren't caught under a recreational licence within that area.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Ah I see Im new to this free dive foraging and only have the recreational free permit what permit do you have to harvest that amount and what cost is it

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT