• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Opinions on my gauge idea

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Rafter

Aug 7, 2014
Hello Guys

I am working on fixing my Mares Cyrano 850. I was thinking about using a small compressor to fill it up again after I fix it. Since my pump got corroded and took a @!%$. I am also a little lazy :). I made an adapter for the gun end using the pump tip thread dimensions and put a 1/4 pipe thread on the other end. I am thinking on using a "T" to connect the gauge on the top, the adapter going to the gun and then on the other end i will have and air gun coming from the compressor. The idea is, so i can pump air to the Mares at short intervals, when I stop the gauge will read the pressure. That way I will avoid putting too much pressure in the gun and won't have to disconnect the compressor all the time to check the pressure. I don't think the gauge will get damage. Take a look at the picture tell me what you guys think? Also, from what i have read here i think the best pressure to fill this gun up to is 30 bars, right? Thanks for the input!

Attachments

• Inline gauge Mares.jpg
    Inline gauge Mares.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 180
Looks good. Where did you get the gauge from? I've been looking into making something like this for my Cyranos. Had a chance to use it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good. Where did you get the gauge from? I've been looking into making something like this for my Cyranos. Had a chance to use it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I haven't. I ordered it from Mcmaster Carr. I am working on a dry barrel system so it will take me some time to get to use this set up. Thanks

No I haven't. I ordered it from Mcmaster Carr. I am working on a dry barrel system so it will take me some time to get to use this set up. Thanks

What compressor do you plan on using? Must be able to produce 450psi.

Where I work at there is a big compressor. Also we have nitrogen and argon. I wonder if it is better to use nitrogen? What do you guys think

Hello Guys

I am working on fixing my Mares Cyrano 850. I was thinking about using a small compressor to fill it up again after I fix it. Since my pump got corroded and took a @!%$. I am also a little lazy :). I made an adapter for the gun end using the pump tip thread dimensions and put a 1/4 pipe thread on the other end. I am thinking on using a "T" to connect the gauge on the top, the adapter going to the gun and then on the other end i will have and air gun coming from the compressor. The idea is, so i can pump air to the Mares at short intervals, when I stop the gauge will read the pressure. That way I will avoid putting too much pressure in the gun and won't have to disconnect the compressor all the time to check the pressure. I don't think the gauge will get damage. Take a look at the picture tell me what you guys think? Also, from what i have read here i think the best pressure to fill this gun up to is 30 bars, right? Thanks for the input!

That looks good rafter, where did you get the fittings?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT