• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Seeking Freediver Feedback: Help Us Understand Your Underwater Experiences

Eugeniu

Apr 25, 2024
Hey! I’m Eugeniu, our team has been working on a product that might be very helpful for freedivers. We're really excited about it, but we want to make sure it resonates with the community.

We're eager to hear from freedivers of all levels about your experience. What drives your passion for freediving? What memorable experiences have you had in the depths?

If you're interested in sharing your insights and possibly helping shape an innovative freediving product, we'd love to chat. Feel free to start a conversation with me or drop a comment here, and I'll get back to you with more details. Thanks!

P.S.
We are conducting what is known as a "blind" research study. This method is chosen carefully to ensure that the feedback we receive reflects genuine first impressions and thoughts about our new swim training device. The goal is to gather authentic insights from experts like yourself, which are crucial for our development process.

I understand that not having the product details upfront might seem unusual, but please rest assured, the purpose is to ensure the integrity and value of the feedback process. Thank you!

Hey! I’m Eugeniu, our team has been working on a product that might be very helpful for freedivers. We're really excited about it, but we want to make sure it resonates with the community.

We're eager to hear from freedivers of all levels about your experience. What drives your passion for freediving? What memorable experiences have you had in the depths?

If you're interested in sharing your insights and possibly helping shape an innovative freediving product, we'd love to chat. Feel free to start a conversation with me or drop a comment here, and I'll get back to you with more details. Thanks!

P.S.
We are conducting what is known as a "blind" research study. This method is chosen carefully to ensure that the feedback we receive reflects genuine first impressions and thoughts about our new swim training device. The goal is to gather authentic insights from experts like yourself, which are crucial for our development process.

I understand that not having the product details upfront might seem unusual, but please rest assured, the purpose is to ensure the integrity and value of the feedback process. Thank you!
Hi Eugeniu. Is this specific to freedivers, or does it apply to those that spearfish as well?

One thing you can do help to free divers is to start a national campaign to inform pool operators that free diving is safe when done by trained free divers. Currently, most pools outlaw any breath hold activity - no exceptions. This of course blocks free divers from practicing a legitimate activity.

One thing you can do help to free divers is to start a national campaign to inform pool operators that free diving is safe when done by trained free divers. Currently, most pools outlaw any breath hold activity - no exceptions. This of course blocks free divers from practicing a legitimate activity.

From several conversations I've come across (public pools, spearfishing experience & training provider, dive centres that only allow scuba & no freediving), the core issue seems to trace further back than the actual operator itself, pointing towards those who provide insurance to such operators.

Here in UK, at least, it seems that insurers are guilty of applying somewhat simplistic thinking (if you hold your breath then you can die - and we'll have to pay out loadsa money!) to a situation that's clearly rather more nuanced in a much more controlled environment with those who are properly trained.

Maybe campaigning the operators can indeed cause it to slowly filter back through to insurers, but the feeling I've got is that it's almost like the operators are held to ransom by the insurers?
Not sure how to go about changing that, when you're dealing with 'men in suits' who may be one step removed from the reality on the ground...
(Especially when you have freediving documentaries such as TDB that can sometimes prop up, however unwittingly, the impression many people seem to have that freediving is a life-threatening hobby only risked by thrill-seeking adrenaline-junkies o_O)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT