• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

spear fishing in pembrokeshire

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Just thought I would see how people are getting on down in Pembrokshire? This weather has been most welcome!!

Got in a few times over the last week, good dive on Tuesday eve resulted in some nice pollack but not many bigger bass seen.
Best pollack went 11 pound 1oz. Some bigger fish spotted also....

Hope you all manage to get out soon, I know I will be making the most of it!!

Dave

Good job Dave! Nice pollacks indeed! Yes I was down that way the other week and managed a couple of hours. I happened to go in a very nice place, beautiful indeed. There were many bass about but all in the 2-3lb range. Just got one to make sense of the day and then later I got a nice pollack (5-6lb) and spotted a cod. Yes a cod! Unfortunately it didn't come close enough, however it wasn't a big fish. Hope to see you soon mate!

Lovely haul Dave! I don't think you can beat the Pembrokeshire coast in this weather, truly amazing place!

Did you get the pollock at the same place you got that big haul 2 years ago?

No mate,
New spot for 2013!!! Pm me. Am going to try and get down there again at the weekend. Dived with a kiwi mate on Tuesday, bass about, best went 4.5lb deep in the kelp.
You about at all? The coast is fantastic at the moment. Have you been in oop north??

Got out for the first time in ages yesterday. Vis wasn't too bad, lots of fish about, took a nice gold spot and half decent pollock. Lots of bass seen, but my breath hold being a bit useless meant i left them all there. Nice to be out again.

Hi guys, just joined this site as i was looking to see if there was anyone doing spearo in Pembs :) Spend July camping out in Bosh' and the visibility down there was astounding during that amazing sunny spell, never seen anything like it over here in uk before!
Spent many a day fishing from the rocks and catching nothing as i think the water was just too clear.. but saw plenty of fish though!
This lead me into thinking that i should be under the water with a speargun if i wanted to catch some supper :) So i got myself a basic entry level 75cm cressi, made up a shock cord and am ready to go, and plan on spending a week or two down there again very soon (im based in N Pembs)
Maybe if anyone is down that way next week or so, we could hook up, have a chat?
I'm easy to spot, i'll have three WolfDogs following me (they swim either side of me if i go in the water, but im hoping i can convince them to stay ashore whilst i snorkle/dive!!

Cheers guys, Take it easy
K

Just got back from a weeks holidzy in Pembroke.... Used to go every year to Cornwall but I think Pembroke is just as good or better...
Got a few Pollack , no Bass, lots of lovely macs off the line..Cant beat fresh Mackerel...

OK .. Ive got a controversial question to ask... Ive had a response from the authorities and they have confirmed that Skolmer is NOT a NTZ (no take zone)
so you are allowed to fish in that area. The only NTZ in the UK is Lundy (let me know if im wrong)...
Ive never fished in Skolmer marine reserve and would not, but there are always two side to the discussion??
Do you have any opinions for or against fishing with line and rod, spear fishing, loster pots, boat fishing,netting etc. within the various zones of the Marine Reserve.

I have fished in the Skomer Nature reserve before. I don't fish there anymore though. It does have the potential to give a bad impression. Easier to stick to other spots. Snorkeling in the nature reserve is great though, around Martins Haven is quite spectacular.

Hi Redman

Thanks for you comments.. I agree with you.
Thought that I would get some more opinions.

Jon

HI
Ive just started spear fishing and in the process of getting some kit together. As its now the end of the summer i was just wondering how far into the winter it is possible to spear fish?

Also are there any dive shops in Pembs?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT