• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearo in Ottawa, Canada (hunting in Quebec)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Here's a purpose-built "St. Lawrence Walleye" speargun.

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL... omg, i cant believe it actually works! a lil massive for my liking. anyways, about the get together probably late june some time... im temporarily out of service since early april due to a fractured sternum and a broken rib.

Ouch!!

Sorry to hear that. Yeah - broken sternums and fractured ribs generally make a large, deep inhale a touch uncomfortable.

Then, you have to deal with the pressure of depth!

You'll have to take your time, no other option.

Hey Guys, This is slingshaft from Spearboard, and a shoutout to 'Arborist'
Count me in, My family is from Calabogie, still have Cousins there.
Quebec slaughter!!!

Well, I finally received all my gear in the mail. Still haven't gotten in the water yet but the wetsuit fits great - (big thanks to Apneaddict for the heads up on Aqualand... very pleased with the price, service and quality) and all the gear works like its supposed to.

Should be able to get in the water this week and get a comfortable with my gear so I'm ready for that get-together whenver you guys are.

Cheers,

Schlergs

Hi all,

Are you guys still meeting? I also live in the Ottawa area, grew up in Greece but only started
freediving since last summer so I would consider myself a beginner. I would really love to start spearfishing as well.

I'm a beginner too man, it is all good , hunted over 20 years with a bow on the dry, first season underwater :)

Hehe, that's great!

I'm about to order a proper wetsuit for Canadian waters (apneaddict sold me to aqualand too). I also need a gun and I'll be ready to go but of course that means I'll have to wait a few weeks. If you guys meet above the water sometime though, I'd really love to join you.

You can also consider a pole spear. No sure if the walleye will let you get within 5-6 ft though.

You can also consider a pole spear. No sure if the walleye will let you get within 5-6 ft though.

check out Mako predator 2g guns, wow is all I can say, for the price and service/quality , they are really good,

Thanks! Ok, I'm here. What specs should I consider for the kinds of waters and fish I may find here (and given that this would be my first gun, if that changes things).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT