• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The Greater Meaning Of Water - The Movie

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bgill

BANNED
BANNED
Jun 14, 2006
There are a few threads on here about it "this movie"...I just thought it would be cool for the "Wisconsin" guys - Just in case you did'nt know about it...I really dont know how to make a link to the other threads about it. Maybe someone else can. I just want people to know about it.

Interesting stuff - I guess the movie IS soon going to be produced...They almost could'nt finish the film and ABANDONED it at one point!

It seems that in part because of DEEPERBLUE members and guest donations - that this film was FINALLY finished!!!!

I hope I get to see it!

I may not be a "World Class Athlete" - I can't even freedive to 60 feet yet unless it is a race down AND right back up...

I've been snorkeling almost all of my life...I am 40 now...I used to be a big time surfer as a young man when I lived in Imperial Beach, California - It was almost a spiritual thing for me - the surfing.

I actually cried a little when I sold my surfboards before I moved back to Wisconsin. :duh

Back then being "STOKED" was'nt just a word...It did'nt mean you had a good set or wave...It meant you got that heady, emotional, spiritual, that
one with the water feeling -

Not everyone could even get "Stoked"....You could "see it" on a guys face and hear it in his voice when he was "TRULY-STOKED". :t

Freediving gives you that same feeling X3 at the end of the day!:t :t :t

I have since moved to Wisconsin - My home State...And more recently I have gotten into "FREEDIVING" and "POLE SPEARING" fresh water.

NEEDLESS TO SAY "I HAVE THAT "STOKED" FEELING ONCE AGAIN!!!!!":inlove

This movie is all about "that feeling" and the "addiction" to it!!!!

Last edited:
Sold you boards???

You do know that you can surf Lake Michigan? I used to boogie board out there in college and there were always guys on long boards next to me when I was out. I think that they even have a competition up in Sheboygan every fall- when the east winds are blowing.

If the lakes around here get any dirtier I might consider hanging up my fins and taking up kite boarding instead. ;)

Jon

Thanks for the post, bgill. That 'stoke', or 'flow state' as we refer to it in the film is the reason we made it. For me, it is one of the most beautiful experiences one can have in this world. I would get 'it' while training for the olympics in velodrome cycling on some of those exceptional workouts. This is not just adrenaline or 'runner's high', it is a much more comprehensive mental state. The endorhpins help, but the full 'neural symphony' is something on it's own and once one experience's it, the difference is clear.

This potential is there especially with freediving with the context of the dive experience, which why I chose the sport to tell this story of the transformative potential of state of mind & being.

http://www.gmwmovie.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Don Paul
That trailer looks outstanding, can't wait to see the production.
Thank you for the link mate.
Cheers, Don Paul

Thanks for the post, bgill. That 'stoke', or 'flow state' as we refer to it in the film is the reason we made it. For me, it is one of the most beautiful experiences one can have in this world. I would get 'it' while training for the olympics in velodrome cycling on some of those exceptional workouts. This is not just adrenaline or 'runner's high', it is a much more comprehensive mental state. The endorhpins help, but the full 'neural symphony' is something on it's own and once one experience's it, the difference is clear.

This potential is there especially with freediving with the context of the dive experience, which why I chose the sport to tell this story of the transformative potential of state of mind & being.

The Greater Meaning of Water | Freediving Film

When can we expect this to be available on amazon?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT