• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

pyro

Apr 13, 2004
first of all hello all! its been a couple of months since iv posted here, hows everyone? i got a suunto d3, so ill know how deep i go, and i was pleased to know that i can indeed go -20 :D

more specifically -19.3 @ 52secs.

i went to a dive school, i didnt really get to hold my breath longer, but i did learn some safety intsructions.

anyway, i am now in athens, i should be going to an island in a couple of days, i hope i can go to -30 this time :D

anyway, take care everyone!

Hi Pyro,

Well done on your -20m - good feeling isn't it?? :)

Just a small word of caution - don't jump to -30 too quickly - I tried that and ended up having a couple of really nice samba's!!!

Have fun, take care, dive safe.

Donna :)

well, if it took me one minute to get to -20 and surface it should take me a minute and a half to -30, and since i can do half 3 minutes, i guess it shouldnt be too dangerous...?

but the feeling is great, the thing is, 3 yrs ago i didnt had the dive computer, but i was 100% sure i did -20, so now i actually proved to myself that 20 isnt that much :D

(ok ok i wont push too far :eek: :D )

I did 25 meters after getting suunto d3 with 1.07 dive time and that 7 seconds spent at the bottom so its a minute to go down and up.If i do 30 meters it shouldtake 1.15 seconds...But i will not push it that much for now...I rather preffer to be sure that i am ready. Once time when i practiced static apnea for a week:eek: i managed to get 4 minutes but i think its not wise to think you can go deeper by increased static time.

Its not just about the dive time, adding depth increases pressures on the body etc. Sure having a good static time will give you the confidence to go to a deeper depth but if you're body is not ready to go to a deeper depth, it will not like what you are trying to make it do.... Listen to your body, believe me when I say it does tell you when you've pushed too far - I speak from experience!

Most importantly, make sure you have a good buddy with you who will know exactly what to do if a samba/black out occurs.

Good luck - keep us posted.

Donna :)

the thing is that i am going back to england on the 15th, so i only have 10 days to go dive! and to be honest, -20 didnt feel deep at all, so, i dont know, ill try a -20 and then start going deeper by 2 meters a dive. as per a buddy, well i never really found anyone that is as crazy about diving as i am, so i guess ill be alone...oh well, hopefully theres going to be an update in a couple of days :D

Pyro, please please don't attempt anything too much without a good buddy with you. If you samba/blackout without a buddy with you, you will be in real trouble....its not worth it. Push your limits yes, but NOT without a buddy....

You can dive in the UK - where will you be based?

well iv been diving since i ws 11, and back then i only knew how to hypervent, i mean, if nothing happened to me back then it wont happen now eh? :D

im up north in bradford, its about an hour and a half away from manchestair by train

Wrong.....but its down to you at the end of the day. If you're prepared to take the risk....

Donna

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT