• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2 or 3 (5/8" or 9/16") bands on AB Biller 36"?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

FishHunter

WI Spearo
Sep 22, 2009
Can anyone help me out? I just bought 2nd AB Biller 36 speargun and need to replace the bands. I currently use 2: 9/16" bands.

For my new gun, should I go with 5/8" or 9/16" ? This new spear has notches for 3 bands. Should I use 3?

What thickness is the shaft?

For a 6.5 - 7 mm shaft I would suggest 2 9/16 bands for 7mm and up I would suggest 2 5/8. I think with a short open track gun 3 bands is overkill. You will end up overpowering your gun and getting shaft whip, and in turn making your gun inaccurate.

Can anyone help me out? I just bought 2nd AB Biller 36 speargun and need to replace the bands. I currently use 2: 9/16" bands.

For my new gun, should I go with 5/8" or 9/16" ? This new spear has notches for 3 bands. Should I use 3?

Your gun does not have the mass to shoot 3 5/8 quality bands elongated to their max. Stay with 2 good 9/16 and a shaft not thicker than 5/16.
Don't worry about open tracks on a short gun, the short shafts are not going to spline cycle very much. (bending/flexing) under load.
Cheers, Don Paul

Is it a good idea to use strong flatbands as in exercise bands instead of the commercial speargun tubes. Im making a homemade and need addvice

Your gun does not have the mass to shoot 3 5/8 quality bands elongated to their max. Stay with 2 good 9/16 and a shaft not thicker than 5/16.

are you sure?, when i had a biller the gun was useless untill i upped the bands to 2 5/8 bands, the stock bands shot the shaft like i threw it under water

are you sure?, when i had a biller the gun was useless untill i upped the bands to 2 5/8 bands, the stock bands shot the shaft like i threw it under water

I stand behind my statement, 3-5/8 ''quailty bands elongated to thir max''. The OP's speargun is a Biller 36''..not allot of barrel mass there.

Stock rubber and standard elongation rates can leave a lot of power on the deck.

Cheers, Don Paul

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT