• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2008 Spearfishing Trip to Normandy

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
My Great Grandmother was French but seeing as the Spanish team mysteriously didn't make the finals, it's England all the way.....

What a coincidence - so was my great-grandfather ... she wasn't from Flamanville was she?:)

Not sure mate, somewhere in Britanny before she settled in crapaud land.

Hi Guys,

From what I know, and having seen various DVD's from Normandy, sprearing the war wrecks is forbidden for obvious reasons. I speak French if need hand translating.

Last edited:
Hi,

First off they are all war wrecks and I have never been stopped from spearfishing them...my french friends spear them all the time. Secondly there are several in swimming distance of shore as are many of the harbour blocks at Arromanches. Thirdly, if you really want to get fish I suggest you seek some local knowledge..they are not easy to fish and can be distinctly dodgy if you don't know what you are doing. It is quite easy to get taken underneath them by the tide.............unfortunately that's where the bass hang out. Be sure to use an MATC trident head as you cannot afford not to stone them.If you use your imagination you'll know what I mean. Viz is very tide dependant so use tables as well as checking weather. Good luck!

Hi,
I'm french...and here's a link from a friend of mine -he lives in Normandy and is a member of that french website
Free - Envoyez vos documents
The download should be quiet fast if you've got a broadband connection..
Enjoy..

Sorry, I forgot to say ...you have to click on "téléchargez ce fichier" to download it...

Well welcome to db axel, thanks for the link but are you going to tell us something about you? Do you spearfish?

Sorry, I just realized that I didn't introduce myself - just being rude, as my wife always says- well, I'm a bit shy, and my English is crap...forgive me
I'm 46, born in Morocco, and living in Clermont-Ferrand (Michelin town, center of France, not the most convenient place to go diving !!)
My wife is English, and my father-in-law recently retired in Devon.
We've got a camper van, and we're planning to visit Devon, Cornwall and maybe Wales next summer... guess what ?? I'll certainly bring everything I need for this spearfishing tour, including my kayak !
I sometimes go back to Morocco, and I don't mind to visit different places, as soon as they are not too far from the seashore !!!
Take care of yourselves, and wish you all the best for 2008. Happy new year !!
Ax

Wow pretty interesting life mate & your English seems very good to me.
No need to be shy on the net - keep us up to date with you exploits.

Axel,

Welcome to DeeperBlue, sounds like you've got an excellent background to join in with some Dorset spearfishing, and your English seems excellent (I've never met a non-native speaker who uses "crap" in the correct context!). I know there are a few of us really looking forward to getting over to France next year, and having a "local" to translate and hopefully join us will be very useful indeed. Make sure you post on the Dorset page if you're ever coming here (or Devon) and I'm sure everyone on there looks forward to meeting up soon.

Cheers

hey i woundering if any one can tell me and thing about the beuchat marlin gun in a 95 sized gun because i am looking at perchesing one and also thinking about puting a reeel on it. im also thinking about selling my sea hornet eliminatorit has been used about 20 times has a few scraches but still soots great doeas an 1 no what it is whorth thanx

Hi Dimo welcome to db - I think you might of posted your question on the wrong tread?
Try re posting under "hunting equipment"

Hi all,
I am French and would be happy to help. I have watched the Peche Sous Marine en Normandie that a friend has given me to watch. The fish they catch is amazing...!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT