• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2011 AIDA Depth World Championships - September 2011 Kalamata Greece

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Some results coming in:

CNF_WOMEN_WC_2011.jpg

CNF_MEN_WC_2011.jpg

Reactions: apneaboy
Hm, strange, the results in the PDF do not match the results from the photo, and are to a big extent incomplete. So I guess the photo is more recent, but the question is whether it is before or after protests?

I was very lucky to be there :)! A great comp, very well organized! Yesterday was the CNF competition. The sea in the morning was very calm and conditions were perfect. 41 men, 23 women many nice and clean dives and 14 NRs.

Congrats to the amazing Will Trubridge (93m), to Michal Rislan (tied his CR with 84m), to Morgan Bourchis (80m) and all the rest!

A big suprise was Natalia's disqualification for pulling.

Congrats to the Greek team: Dimitris Hatziaslan did 63m easily beating the old NR by 3m. George Sakkas did 58m, a PB but missed his AP of 61m. I did a PB at 54m, suprisingly easy: usually i struggle to equalize; this time a run through the plate and stopped at the camera! Danai Varveri did a clean 30m in her re-appearrance after many years.

Congrats to all, but me I wish to highlight Jody's performance in particular, no matter she went short in her 56CNF attempt.

From what she's showing, I'm starting to think that she could be the next big thing in the world of freediving.

With no coaching, no practice and no real depth training at all for many months before arrival to Kalamata, her 3rd place in the Med Cup and 7th in the worlds' CNF are quite an achievement. I'm pleasantly impressed. Huge congrats to the girl.

Remember: a star is born. :)

Now our film-team is on Kalamata - to take shots from Guillaume Nery for our documentary about extreme sport "Attention - a life in Extremes".

We wish all athletes a good competition - you are really great!!!

More about our project: Attention, a life in Extremes | Facebook

Hope you like it - let us know:)

Greetings from Vienna

The Attention-Team

You're right about Jody - she's a real talent. With some experience under her belt she will be terrorising the women's rankings soon.

Reactions: spaghetti
I was told Natalia pulled once outside the official zone. That would be a 10 point penalty, 54 points and a silver medal. And no world record. So why did she get zero points and DQ ?

Grab = 10 points penalty
Pull = DQ (in CWT/CNF)

A real shame it was a DQ, she was looking really strong at 25 meters where i met her, and clear as a bell on the surface.

eric, pulling is DQ. grabbing is 5 points.
natalia pulled out of the 2m grace zone.

15 people going below 100, William and Alexey 118, Guillaume 117,Carlos 116, ryuzo 112, Natalia 101 and Sara 102.

It's gonna be massive.

Not exactly a walk in the park for you, Daan. They are in good hands, though. Let's hope all of them will make it!

Erlend

where can I see those announcements? pretty please.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT