• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

27/28 October

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Sam, i'm looking at around 40-50m FIM, is that do-able?

should be fine Ben, I'm coming and I have the mended clutch for the counterweight to put back on

S

Sat - meet 11am
Sam
Ben
Tessa
John P
Gary

Sun - meet 9am (Clocks go back Sat night)
Sam
Ben
Tom
Emma
Gary

see you there, 5ml should be fine!

Hi sam,
I still dont have a lanyard, but i would be keen on buying one. Someone mentioned that you used to sell these through salt free. have you got any knocking about? and if so, how much are they? if not, is there any spares for the weekend?

Cheers

Gary.

I've got them for sale, they are £40 (expensive but very good, now with upgraded wrist strap).

I'm not going to make it! I have a stinking cold and its pointless I'm not even going to get to 5m the way I feel right now. Bloody annoyed I was really looking forward to this.

See you all next month instead I guess.

Have lots of fun

hi guys......

bit last minute, I know.... but i'm going to be able to make it for saturday !!!

See you there

mand

bleurgh... sorry guys, can't make it. My car's got trouble : (

Windscreen wipers decided to tie themselves in a knot, I think it was almost a bowline, luckily only half an hour into my drive... gonna take a while to "get the part" and I daren't risk 4 hours each way with this forecast...

and I got up at 6am and everything!!!

have fun

s
x

yippee! I'm just leaving...

Oh the irony....

Too bad you couldn't make it Sam, we had one of those fun "triumph through adversity" weekends which was great fun.

Saturday was a small intimate meeting with myself, Mandy, John and Gary. Everyone was happy with their dives, in particular Mandy was grinning like the cat that got the cream with her new posh carbon monofin. Unfortunately I forgot to get the pontoon key off her before she left which made for an interesting 5 minutes on Sunday morning but not a problem thanks to Gary and his toolkit.

Sunday was a bit bigger meet with Gary, Emma, Tom, Coen, Claire and myself. All in all some good dives and smiles all round.

Conditions were a little testy - Saturday was rainy, cold and a bit windy. Sunday was rainier, colder and windier, with extra mud puddles around the car park. In the water was about 13/14deg on the surface and a wee bit frosty at depth. Vis was a lovely 10m or so, coming up from dives and looking up at 15m gave a brilliant sillouette of the pontoon and the divers with a surprising amount of light, despite the rain and cloud.

Well done to everyone and hope you can make the next one in November!

Cheers,
Ben

Reactions: Almostafish
thanks for running the show Benny! and to everyone else for not giving him too much stress

see you soon

S

Also ironically, our rental car decided to break down continously for the rest of the day. It was a new Astra too!

Well done to Ben for his no fins dive too.... even if he was a little bit longer than he said, and made me wait for him at 15 metres!!!

my new fin rocks... had a play in the pool last night with it too.... not as pretty as the blue one though :)

Ben... meant to tell you... i gave the key back to Darren.... so you didn't need the screwdriver afterall !!!

did you manage to get the knot undone?? :) if you can't tie knots, tie lots !!!

mandy
x

Ah! I went and asked in the shop and they said no, check in the compressor room next door, so I went in and asked the big bloke and he said they didn't have it. Hmm, obviously a conspiracy against Australians....

Didn't have any problems with the knot, which actually means I delegated that one to Tom :D He got there in the end.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT