• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2james 3rd annual keys kraze

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
You're being a great help. I'm a newbe down there and I'm not equiped to hunt the blue either. Chris is Brand-spanking-new to the sport (Freediving and Spearfishing) , not sure where Vince is at, I've got nearly 10yrs of spearfishing, but all reef work. I'll be hunting in less then 60ft, preferably in 40ish feet. Going to be rusty after a winter up here. not looking to push it.

Packing a 96cm Beuchat and a JBL NW Special and polespear. will see what kind of cash I have - Looking into a 130cm RA - but long shot.

TEAM NORTH COAST (the First ever Canadian Spearfishing Team)

we'll make sure the beer's cold ;-)

Willer

Last edited:
Sven, if we are going to be diving together I guess you will just have to come over for Mardi-gras so we can discuss strategy! The way I figure we could keep Andrsn and crew out of the water by letting them look at the photos one could take in the French Quarter by mearly throwing some cheap plastic beads around

or maybe Andrsn should come too since he is looking to buy a digital video/photo setup...

Hey willer,

Glad to see that you did some research, I hear the boys at chrome detention center love that soap on a rope stuff. The use the string to tie you to the shower nozzle and beat you with wet noodles.

Aquiles

Last edited:
Hmmm.....

Dentist = Masocist right? I dive with a couple Oral Surgeons to know that you're all a screwy bunch.... Jim's from Florida too....

I'll pass on the wet noodle treatment thanks.

Now Sven on the other hand.... sure that Dec. Contest was a "staged" photo?

Willer

How is the outlook Vince? At christmas parents feel giving so maybe now is a good time to further your cause...

One month out of the loop and I come back to find that all hell has broken loose! I have enrolled in my KK03 linguistics course with Sven, and I hope to be fluent in DeeperBlue dialect by early spring. Jay, I'll give you a ring and we can practice the DB pidgin. This is shaping up to be some trip. I am just trying to figure out the logistics and finances, Jay are you driving or flying(flights are fairly cheap right now)? Willer, what route are you taking south to FL? (95?) I might be interested in splitting costs if it is still an option. It sounds as if your home port has no bearing on your team affiliation sooo...sign me up for the Dirty South. This "closet redneck":blackeye from GA wants no affiliation with any of these east coasters turned west coasters. :naughty

I hope everyone had a great holiday-

Matt

Jay-If the water decides to clear up we need to get out there. Just got back from the Abacos and I'm dying to get back in. It's still around 50F

wipe your chins!

Here's the latest edition! This girl's goin' to KK!!

43" of titanium barreled, Alexander handled, Aimrite triggered, Riffe shafted, OMER reeled, 5/8" banded and hand applied oil rubbed wooden love :inlove

whodaman?!

sven

Last edited:
the arse end

and for those that need to see a closer definition of smooth...

sven

Last edited:
That's a real piece of craftsmanship sven....but who needs that many pairs of scissors?

Last edited:
Reactions: andrsn
hi

Sven that is honestly the sweetest gun I have seen, I hope Abri isnt reading but I think it may be better than the railgun. Where did you get those fluro blue bands, how long is the shaft, how thick. Yeah im lazy but how long is 43inch in centimeters. Where can I buy one and how much would it cost. Will it swing smoother than a railgun, is it heavy, how far does it shoot. PLEASE.

cheers

ps could you post a close up pick of the muzzle end so I can see those blue bands. Do they come in 20mm.

HEy Sven! I just sent those picts to a buddy of mine with your attached comments.

He Commends the craftsmanship but questions your sexuality...

HAHAHA

Nice hybrid!

Willer

43" = 107.5cm = Nice size.

Ivan: Sven makes them!

Sven: Hope you dont mind if I post that second pic in the aussie forum. Got some kids asking about how to attach floatline clips to the gun.

Dammit man! Fine fo sure! Even if you dont kill anything in the keys you will look good doin it....isnt that what its all about?

MAttedhead - 95 would be our way - we could pick you up if you're game - that is if I'm going....

yes you heard right - Team North Coast has hit a bump... EXAMS... grrr... hopefully I can alter some. that is if I don't spend my KK Cash on a LP104 twinset....

to many toys.....

Oh yeah - look out! I put a rail and an extra 16mm band on my 96cm beauchat oh baby - it's slick!

Willer

Soon the talking will be done...not far away now:hmm

hi

Shadow did Sven really make that gun, 107cm might be a bit small. Sven will you make them to sell to others if you really made it yourself which I dont believe. Maybe a 120 with a 7mm, 3 16mm. Would be an awsome mackeral gun.

cheers

OK guys, how about an update as to who's coming in April? If you're not sure, just give me a maybe. I'd like to make this as financially viable as possible for everyone. :hmm

Anderson

Originally posted by ivan
Shadow did Sven really make that gun Sven will you make them to sell to others if you really made it yourself which I dont believe.
cheers

Yeah well, believe it ivan. :hmm

The whole thing is by my 9 1/2 digits using parts and pieces from all the big names. See the post for the list... The wood and metal work on the tube is totally mine. Those bands are mine as well and use the 5/8 and 9/16 high modulus blue rubber from HanaPa'a. The track is from JBL and the shaft is a 9/32 Hawaiian from Riffe, the thing with a loaded reel weighs about 4 1/2 pounds and I'll let you know how this one works when I can get some water clear enough to see what I'm doing. My last one was good to 17 feet before the shaft wanted to slow down to the point that I'd not want to take the shot for fear of just dinging the fish.
If there were enough of a market I'd make a few, but the outlay for the materials would be pretty stiff. Daryl Wong pretty much agrees on his page that there's not a lot of money in building them onesy-twosy, but there's definite good karma. If I wanted to get somber, I'd go add the reciepts for the thing and quit at about the $500 mark. As in US dollars, not 'roo hide dollars. :t

So, yeah...believe it.

And Elvis, you know I'm in.

sven

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…