• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2james 3rd annual keys kraze

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Nice peice of wood Sven. I hope it shoots as sweet as it looks. Cause you got lots of competition for KK03

no tanlines!

Hell with the competition, Aquiles! I was just planning on giving the thing to you for a couple days whilst I work on my tan, topside! Or I can lend you my #4 if you accidentally drop your weightbelt...

sven

Hey Sven,
Nice lookin' gun. Let me know how it shoots. Lookin' forward to seeing it in action this spring.
Jay

Drool......drool..............

Looks like I might get a Sven Hybrid if I ever decide to get a hybrid. I can see the balance and swing to be superb. 107cm is a good size.

About US$500 must be withour reel Sven ?
How good is an Omer reel ? I only have two reels. One a Riffe (old one ) and one is a JBL.

- What do you use to plug the barrel ?
- Does it float with shaft out ?
- How many bands (what size ) can the 9/32 shaft survive ?

Ok enough question Uncle.... he he he

Enlightenment Required

Hi Sven

I just had a look at the gun and looks very well crafted.
But I have a question regarding your gun, if you dont mind me asking. why do you have the barrel titanium, but have the last section teak? is it simplicity of attaching the handle, butt etc? does it look better that way, or is there other advantages gained by going with the hybrid.

sincerely

Mark

Thanks guys.

I'm really impressed with the OMER reels, Iya. Anderson clued me into them- said his hubby, Aquiles had one and thought I'd give one a try, as my other two were Riffe's and I'm always looking at new stuff for nice design if nothing else. I like the ease at setting the drag and you gotta give smooth points for the badass look. My last one floated pretty neutral with the barrel filled with 8 pound density pourfoam so I added some weight to it to point the speartip down :blackeye. This one will do the same mainly due to the added mass of the teak back aft. The teak extends about 6 inches into the barrel and seems to be holding real well with the West Systems epoxy.

I used the teak to help balance the whole thing, Griff as well as being able to mount the handle, line release, etc. It's a bunch easier (for me) to do the woodwork than fab a piece of metal, especially titanium or stainless and keep the cost and weight real.
That and I'm just a fan of oiled teak The barrel being titanium is partly ego and style points and stiffness/weight and the rduction in the barrel's mass, making it easier and faster to swing. As with my last one, it's a personalized knockoff of a Wong after I tried one and figured I'd be able to put one together. The 5/8 and 9/16 bands are still real new and a bear to pull, but I figure the 3 9/16 bands ought to be fast enough to tag dinner. I'm going to have it in the pool in a week or so and I'll see what happens.

sven

Reactions: Griff
steenkeeng badges?

So what's that great outpost of bluehairs and tweekers, Florida get for a multiday fish license?

keepin' it legal even if she says yes...
sven

did thin air ever get clearance for the madness or what? As excited as I am getting about the trip, it sure must be tuff for Andrsn stuck up there in those hills:t

you have no idea. :head

however, my guns are coming together nicely. have about another month before i'm finished, though. :t

hey, we're almost looking at 3 months!!! time to start getting my sh!t in order!

Anderson

I'm gonna try to squeez in 2 or 3 more runs to Venice before then:king and leave a little time for recovery from mardi-gras...

life is tough

just saw guys pokin wahoos in beautiful blue waters on espn. visions of spearfishing grandeur are dancing in my head. hang on boys were gettin close!

M-2

sven if there just blurry then you didn't have enough

Can you guys kinda explain how this 2jamess kko3 kinda works?

Do you have to charter your boat or does everyone pile on to one or more boats and just have one big hunting party outing?

I hope to partake in this grand event one day once i have some more trigger time and diving experience!!

BladeRunner OUT

ooops....that wasn't espn..........

:head

Haha!

It was an outdoor show. Don't know which one. I was having a few after work livations and they were showing fishing. It caught my attention when a couple guys jumped in armed with Riffe's and shot a 'hoo or two. They only showed the spearing stuff for a minute or two.

Cheers,

Mike

and while we're on the subject of safety :hmm is there anyone other than me participating with a full Rescue cert? Jay, can you score an 02 kit and lug it down So? I'd bring mine, but that imported CA air is a mite rich for the Right Coast... Like Starbucks to Folgers...

sven

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…