• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

3.5mm Open Cell v 3/4 Surf suit for warmth

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dazed321

Sep 11, 2017
Hi Guys,

I'm about to buy my first spearing wettie.

But i'm not what to buy a 3.5 or 5mm?

I want to use it in water about 15-20 degrees Celius, I thought I could use my surf 4/3 or 2/3 when over 20 degrees.

what do you think? will a be warmer in 3.5mm open cell than my 3/4 surf suit, if yes how much?

or maybe I should just get a 5mm and use me 3/4 when it is warmer?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Mate, you cant even compare surfing wetsuits to spearfishing ones. Will you be warmer? Yeh.(y) There is a BIG difference between 15 & 20C. There is also a big difference between 20 & 25C. My advice if your budget can stretch, would be, get yourself a good fitting two piece 3mm spearfishing suit (camo & colour are not important) as your base. Then get a 5mm jacket to wear over the 3mm pants when it is closer to 15C & get some 1mm pants to wear with the 3mm jacket when it gets closer to 25C. There are some very good Christmas sales on now from several spearfishing outlets & if you shop around you will get all those four pieces for less than you would usually pay for just a 3mm suit. When you use a proper spearfishing suit, you will understand why they cant be compared to those used for surfing:).

Reactions: foxfish
Big Thanks Sharkey!

I was just trying to save money,

but I just broke the piggy bank and bought myself a 3.5mm Crressi Scorfano :)
I will see how that goes and will buy a 5mm jacket if i'm to cold
Thanks again

Reactions: foxfish
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT