• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

30 degree fin blades in a non-30 degree foot pocket?

Latsabb

Apr 12, 2024
I recently purchased a pair of used Alchemy S fins which I had planned to put into my Omer Stingray pockets. However, according to the serial number on them, Alchemy told me that they are actually not Alchemy S, but rather Alchemy S30, which is just the Alchemy S with a 30 degree angle, rather than 20ish. This made me panic a bit, as that would mean they wouldn't be useful in my Stingrays, which have a 22 degree angle. However, the footpockets that are currently attached to them are C4 400's, which according to C4's website have a 3 degree angle... And the suggested footpocket for the blades according to Alchemy is the Pathos Fireblade, which is a 22 degree pocket...

Am I missing something? Is it possible/a good idea to mix the two? Or are C4 400s and/or Pathos Fireblades designed in such a way that they can form to a larger blade angle? Any help is appreciated!

Reactions: Mr. X
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT