• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

3rd Dutch Apnea open

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

pim

freediving maniac
Mar 3, 2002
Ciao freedivers and interested,

With only 2 weeks to go I like to inform all interested that the competition website is running for a few weeks now and almost all data is available. So go and check it all out.....You can read all about the 3rd Dutch Apnea open (sponsored and covered by Deeperblue) at;

http://12dec.immersion.nu

Greetings Pim

ps, only a few places left so if you are doubing to come enter quickly.... :wave :wave :wave 66 (12 countries) and counting....

Last edited:
NO it isn't!

I've already mailed them about the picture, and you just seem to prove my point :D thanks!

They told me it's a picture of the pool in vancouver during the World Championship.
But the pool in Eindhoven, the Tongelreep, has a roof :)

2ndDFDI1.jpg

2ndDFDI2.jpg

Btw, tip:

The water is arround 28c, but to me it always felt colder. Bring a warm suit, and maybe some socks.

Carlos.

Hey,

That's the pool in Vancouver! It wasn't that cold! I should know, I was standing in it for the whole day. Beautiful West Coast sunshine....ah, the nerve of using our poor UBC Aquatic centre as a vision of frigid waters. I thought you northern Europeans were a hardier bunch?

Anyway, looking forward to the results of this competition!

Pete Scott
Vancouver, BC

Hi Sam....if you move your cursor over the picture of the pool you get the answer. This little trick was always there but nobody so far found it. There is more of this all around the website.

The pool normally is 26°C but for us they will bring it up to 28.5°C.

Kars; Sam knows the pool....we all do who have been to the World Championships in Vancouver. The pool wasn't cold but on static competition day I froze due to wrong suit choice (there was just shade when my OT was there).

Hope seeing you all soon and we keep you posted about results, etc.

Saluti,
Pim

68 and counting.....luckilly we build in some extra room.

Last edited:
Pim I know Sam KNOWS the Pool in Vancouver.

My point is this picture of 'an outdoor' pool will confuse people.
- and apparently it did -

When I was talking about the temperture I wasn't talking about Vancouver's temperture, but about it on the 2nd Dutch Freedive Inn.

Will the water be heated to 28,5 C on Saturday for the training?
That would be important since one could test their suit configuration, and get used to competition circumstances before going for that (world/national/personal) record.

Thanks,

Carlos.

Zucht............. is still no answer to the question:
Will the water be heated to 28,5 C on Saturday for the training?

Carlos.

Just finished negotiations with the management of the pool......the pool is normally around 26 C and will be heated up to 28 C on sunday. Since this heating takes a while and is very expensive, this will not be the case during the training on saturday. After our training other groups will be using the pool, these people, like water polo can not train in warmer water.....

Sunday morning the pool will be heated just for the competition.

Susan

www.freediveacademy.nl
www.freediveshop.nl

well did you consider a equilibrium of temperature debate between warmer and colder water?

In cold water the ions of H and O move a lot slower so there are less bouncing particals against my 5mm Elios configuration so I keep concentrated while suffocating....

In warm water women wear bikinis...... not good for static.....

so you decide whats the best...

I think I need a disclaimer:

Disclaimer:

Hi all peoples,

I'm bringing over a box of books, one many of you have heard about:
Umberto's and Stefano's Freedive book: Manual of Freediving: Underwater on a Single Breath
This is indeed the New English version.

You can buy directly from me on the Saturdays training, and AFTER I did my dynamic performance on the competitionday.
It's 362 pages and the price is E 35,-

See you all there and have a nice competition and meet lot's of new friends!

Kars van Kouwen,
aka Carlos.

(Amazon's price is 39.50)

Last edited:
Sorry Kars and all those interested in the book,

It is not possible to sell your books during the event, this is a freediving competition that has taken us a lot of time and money to organize, it is not a public market!! So no books for sale......

I just sell them outside, out of the trunk after I'm ready.

No problem selling them outside the pool I think.

But please do not bother me while I'm preparing :)

Ciao!

Carlos.

The organisers report is uploading now.....with a sneak preview of pictures. Talking about pictures....still working on those, hope to upload a gallery before leaving to Dahab with X-mas.

Merry X-mas and happy New-Year to you all....

Saluti Pim,
Immersion

Finally after a lot of work a simple picture gallery is up.....with somewhat like 300 pictures.

Have fun.....now the video-work starts.
Saluti Pim,
Immersion

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT